College Financial Representative - DC
PURPOSE OF THE INTERNSHIP
You will gain hands-on and real-world experience as you explore the career path of becoming a Financial Advisor. Through our personal and professional development training, you will not only learn how to build and maintain relationships within your community, but you will also have the opportunity to make an impact on the lives of others by helping them enjoy financially secure lives.
GET MORE OUT OF YOUR CAREER
Choose a career where changing someone else's life for the better is also life-changing for you - personally, professionally, and financially.
FINANCIAL PLANNING WITH NORTHWESTERN MUTUAL
Are you looking for more fulfillment in your career? Are you starting to think about a job change? Now's the time to consider Northwestern Mutual.
Our Financial Professionals help clients reach their goals by developing and implementing financial plans to show clients where they are today, plan where they want to go tomorrow, and provide the financial tools and support to help them get there.
Sounds exciting and scary all at the same time, right? Don't worry, we don't expect you to know everything on day one. That's why you'll receive in-depth training and partner with industry experts until you're ready to do it on your own.
As a Northwestern Mutual Financial Representative:
- Build—Work to build a client base by growing relationships with your network and developing knowledge of NM financial products and market trends.
- Educate—Educate yourself beyond training through sponsored licensing and registration as well as ongoing development. Use assistive software, reporting tools, and illustrations to educate clients on potential plans.
- Influence— Presenting clients with the opportunity to protect and prosper, you will drive clients to action through expert influence and recommendations.
- Own—Take ownership of the development and management of the business as you master your craft and build a team. Review and maintain client financial plans, continuing to provide optimum advice for your clients’ needs.
Northwestern Mutual's College Financial Representative
The internship has been ranked as a "Top 10 Internship" for the past 22 years (Vault Guide to Internships, 2018). As a Northwestern Mutual College Financial Representative, you will join our network office team and have the opportunity to partner with experienced financial representatives, advisors, and professional office staff to help grow your personal practice. You will see the independent and entrepreneurial spirit that our financial representatives exhibit as you indulge in our innovative, supportive, and committed company culture.
• Obtain your Life, Accident, & Health License, financed by Northwestern Mutual (Future opportunity to obtain Series 6 and 63 licenses)
• Participate in personal and professional training and development meetings
• Build your own (daily) schedule to meet with prospects and clients at your convenience
• Analyze, create, and implement a personalized strategy for your clients to achieve financial security
• U.S. Citizen or permanent work authorization
• Full-time student with Junior or Senior standing (any major, graduate, and undergraduate students accepted)
• Strong academic performance and active involvement in clubs/organizations
• Devoted work ethic
• Previous work or internship experience
• Ability to work both independently, as well as part of a team
• Self-motivated, driven, goal-oriented
• Sociable, outgoing, enjoys meeting new people
Are you ready to change your life and the lives of your clients? Apply now!
For over 165 years, we have helped our clients spend their lives living through comprehensive and innovative financial planning. We combine the expertise of our financial professionals with personalized digital experience and industry-leading products to give our clients the ability to successfully navigate their financial lives.
Our tailored approach includes multiple financial strategies—insurance, investments, and annuities—built to reinforce each other, keeping our clients consistently on track to meet goal after goal. We lead with unmatched financial strength and access to the best products and services for our clients.
Our Financial Representatives are valued, partners and proud business owners. We value an inclusive and belonging environment where everyone’s different viewpoints bring new successes!
Why join Northwestern Mutual:
- #90, Fortune 100 company (2021)
- Forbes' Best Employers for Diversity (2018-2020)
- Top 10 US Independent Broker-Dealers1
- #1 Amongst Life Insurers Most Admired Companies2 for Financial Soundness
- Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ Equality- Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index (2015-2021)
- $224 billion3 (retail investment client assets held or managed)
1 – Ranking for Northwestern Mutual Investment Services, LLC. Sources: Financial Advisor magazine and InvestmentNews, April 2021.
2 – To determine the best-regarded companies in more than 50 industries, FORTUNE asked executives, directors, and analysts to rate enterprises in their own industry on nine criteria. Details at fortune.com
3 – Combined client assets of NMIS and NMWMC as of June 30, 2021
4 – Northwestern Mutual Financial Representatives are Independent Contractors whose income is based solely on production