Northwestern Mutual is among the top financial services companies in the industry, helping clients achieve financial security for over 160 years. Northwestern Mutual Greater Tampa Bay (NMGTB) is the local company that attracts, trains, and develops financial advisor talent for five district offices. Our mission is to empower our advisors and clients to reach their dreams. In a company with such a long and storied history, this is an exciting time to be a part of our firm. We are growing, and we want you to grow with us!
Northwestern Mutual enjoys premiere national recognition including:
- Ranks 111 on the FORTUNE® 500 list
- One of the "World's Most Admired" life insurance companies (FORTUNE®, 2020)
- One of the Top 10 U.S. Independent Broker-Dealers (Investment News, 2019)
We are actively seeking new Financial Representatives to join our growing practice in our Clearwater office.
**No prior finance experience required; career changers welcome!
As a Financial Representative, you will work with individuals, families, and small businesses to help them protect and grow their financial future so they can live more and worry less. As a business owner with unlimited earning potential, you will experience the power of independence and flexibility – with the freedom to craft a workday around your life. Ideal candidates are entrepreneurially minded and values-driven leaders who believe in the value of financial planning and have a desire to make an exponential impact in the community.
Through a holistic planning approach that integrates insurance and investments inside a comprehensive financial plan, Northwestern Mutual Financial Representatives help their clients navigate their financial lives through a wide range of financial planning services including:
- Asset and Income Protection / Insurance Planning
- Retirement Planning
- Education Funding
- Investment Advisory Services
- Fee-Based Financial Planning
- Business Planning
- Estate Planning
Financial Representatives at Northwestern Mutual enjoy continued support through our best-in-class Advisor Support Platform:
- A nationally recognized Training and Development program with a well-defined leadership path that integrates education and experiential learning
- Ongoing development, mentors, joint work, and product specialists
- Comprehensive personal and business planning analysis tools
- Insurance and investment operations team
- Product sales support and client servicing
- Aggregated client account software
- Financial support for professional designations and certifications
We are interested in candidates with a wide variety of work experience, including but not limited to: financial services, business development, career changers, hospitality, banking, sales, marketing, management, educators, athletes, logistics, communications, real estate, entrepreneurs, military veterans, lawyers, attorney, brokers, and community influencers.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year institution
- An entrepreneurial spirit and desire to create an impact in the community
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills
- Self-starter and highly motivated
- History of high achievement demonstrated by rapid growth and consistent, measurable results
- Prior sales and/or business experience preferred
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Two company-funded retirement plans
- Group Life Insurance
- Group Disability Income Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Sponsorship and training for licenses and professional designations
- Leadership Opportunities
- Sponsorship of licenses and other professional designations (including Florida 2-15 Life, Health, and Variable Annuity Agent License andFINRA licenses)
Location: 17757 US Highway 19 N Ste 100, Clearwater, FL 33764
As part of the Northwestern Mutual hiring process, verification of a candidate's background will be required, which includes Federal Bureau of Investigation fingerprint submission for review against nationwide fingerprint records.