Summer Financial Representative Intern
Financial Representative Interns at Northwestern Mutual, Columbus help their clients live more & worry less through our unique approach to financial planning. Our interns, who come from varying academic backgrounds and experiences, begin to build a financial planning practice while employing local and nationwide experts, exclusive financial products, and the support of a Fortune 100 company. You will have the opportunity to build your confidence, develop a professional network, and change people’s lives by helping them achieve financial freedom. Here, hard work pays off!
Our internship program mimics our full-time Financial Representative role, allowing you to:
- Build your client base through prospecting and networking
- Call on potential clients and set meetings to understand their financial goals
- Prepare financial plans and deliver useful recommendations
- Gain exposure to planning software platforms
- Get licensed with your Life, Accident, and Health insurance license with opportunities to add investment licensure
- Participate in weekly coaching, training, and development meetings
As a Northwestern Mutual intern, you can expect a flexible schedule to work around life and your classes. With our year-round program, you can continue to grow your practice and obtain support for registrations and certifications such as the Series 6 & 63 or CFP®. Get inspired at local and national recognition events, earn access to leadership programs, and collaborate with experts in our business. In fact, you’ll find diverse resources across our culture to ensure that you experience personal and professional growth in this program. With interest, eligible interns have an opportunity to interview for a full-time Financial Representative role upon graduation.