4PL OPERATIONS MANAGER
Savino Del Bene
4PL OPERATIONS MANAGER
SCOPE OF THE ROLE:
Reporting directly to the Global Head of 4PL, the role will be responsible for developing and offering unique, tailor-made logistics solutions in optimizing domestic supply chains, from an operational and commercial perspective to customers globally.
The role aims to secure the designing and implementation of integrated and optimized supply chain solutions for global clients across different industries.
· To coordinate operationally the dedicated cross-functional team and facilitate effective relationships with a range of internal departments and external customers and suppliers.
· To coordinate the delivery of transport and warehousing solutions via a single technology platform and dedicated Account Management.
· To supervise the execution of projects that help customers achieve significant value in the form of improved pricing, quality, delivery, supplier performance, and other aspects of supply chain and logistics.
· To keep under control all aspects of the supply chain value chain including planning, forecasting, logistics, analysis, sustainability, and more.
· To master deal shaping and offering skills to build a footprint in the market
· To tailor capacity solutions to effectively support a customer go-to-market strategy
· To generate strong sales leads through your networks & build relationships with potential clients.
· prepare sales reports and manage the tender process to win new business opportunities.
· To be involved in onboarding new customers to ensure a smooth transition for all.
· To have ongoing management of a small portfolio of clients.
· To work closely with the Head of 4PL to support preparing and delivering sales presentations.
· To utilize carrier analytics and other internal resources to make informed buying decisions.
· To study and understand market trends and seasonality.
· To maintain and grow relationships with carrier accounts including conducting account reviews and identifying opportunities for additional collaboration.
· To resolve problems, including identifying issues, thinking critically, seeking input to determine the best course of action, and implementing solutions.
· Degree in Engineering, Business Administration, or Marketing.
· Proficiency in the English language (C1-C2). Any additional language would be a plus (Italian, German, French..etc)
· At least 5-8 years of business experience in the international shipping/freight forwarding /logistics industries.
· Excellent knowledge of the Microsoft Office package (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
· Analytical and numerical skills.
· Good interpersonal skills, flexibility, and proactivity.
· Accuracy and sense of responsibility.
· Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
· Availability for any trips abroad.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Flexible approach with a strong team spirit.
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Ability to solve problems and work independently.
· Ability to understand procedures/processes quickly and adhere to them accurately.
WHO WE ARE:
Established in Florence more than 120 years ago, Savino Del Bene is today the leading Italian forwarder and ranks among the top 20 worldwide. With a network of over 310 offices and 5,500 employees on five continents, the group manages international shipping services by air, sea, and land through consolidated relationships with the best carriers. The global turnover reached 4.5 billion Euros in 2022.
The role is based in our in Florence, Italy