Regional Sales Director - Midwest
Savino Del Bene
Savino Del Bene is a Global Freight Forwarding Company headquartered in Florence, Italy. With more than 285 offices and 4,800 employees globally, Savino Del Bene is one of the leading logistics companies that offers import, export, customs brokerage services, and warehousing third-party solutions servicing several Vertical Markets.
We are seeking a Regional Sales Director to manage a sales team. A Regional Sales Director ensures profitable growth in sales and revenue through planning, hiring, and management of a dynamic team. This role with report to the VP of Sales. Candidates can be located in one of the following locations: Chicago, Detroit, or Cleveland area.
Duties and responsibilities
- Ongoing sales recruiting and retention, hiring and training
- Overseeing local and regional sales promotions and campaigns
- Manage dedicated salespeople within the region and provide support to regional Branches that will produce commercial growth and success.
- Directing and coordinating all sales activities locally and/or regionally
- Preparing sales budgets and projections and approving expense reports
- Tracking and analyzing sales statistics based on key quantitative metrics
- Overseeing and directing the performance of the sales team
- Identifying emerging markets to find new sales opportunities
- Ability to set sales targets and achieve them effectively
- Ensuring CRM accuracy and compliance for all salespeople to manage the sales process
- Design and implement a regional sales strategy
- Collaborate with the Vice President of Sales – USA in developing and maintaining budgets, initiatives, and growth processes
- Develop a strong sales pipeline with the sales team within the assigned sales region
- Utilizes the available tools and resources to grow existing businesses and acquire new business
- Reaches and exceeds targeted monthly Gross Profit goals through effective sales strategies
- Collaborates with Sales Teams, Logistics Account Managers, Vice President of Sales, CEO, CCO, and COO to determine strategic sales approaches.
- Works with Business Intelligence to develop ongoing lead-generation strategies for both local and overseas offices
- Other job duties as assigned
- Must have 5 to 10 years of sales experience in Freight Forwarding/Logistics
- Previous or current track record of leading and managing a sales team at a Freight Forwarding organization
- Proven record of accomplishment of sales achievements and team success
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Highly developed organizational and people skills.
- Ability to build and maintain positive business relationships.
- Ability to obtain an in-depth understanding of the diverse needs of each client.
- Requires the ability to effectively cold call, negotiate rates, solve problems,
- Proven ability to process and close deals while maintaining quotas.
- Demonstrates ability to balance multiple duties concurrently and maintain attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal communication with the ability to adapt and work within a team environment.
- Superior communication skills, verbal and written.
- Able to work flexible hours when required
- Travel as required both domestically and internationally
- Base Salary, based on experience
- Bonus plan
- Car Allowance
- Great medical, dental, and vision plans
- 401K with Company match
- Vacation, Sick and PTO time
- Great Company culture, fun environment