Business Development Manager
Savino Del Bene
Savino Del Bene is a Global Freight Forwarding Company headquartered in Florence, Italy. With more than 285 offices and 4,800 employees globally, Savino Del Bene is one of the leading logistics companies that offer import, export, customs brokerage services, and warehousing third-party solutions servicing several Vertical Markets. We are looking for individuals with a passion for sales and a hunter mentality; individuals who can build relationships and have strong communication skills. You will be responsible for developing new business by selling Savino Del Bene services and promoting the company culture.
Responsibilities and Essential Job Functions:
- Forming a customer base by scheduling, cold calling, traveling to and attending customer appointments within your territory, issuing quotes, preparing bids, and making formal presentations to prospective customers.
- Developing relationships with customers and generating new business.
- Soliciting Savino Del Bene's services include Ocean and Air Import, Ocean and Air Export, Distribution and Warehousing, LTL Transportation, Cargo Insurance, and Customs Brokerage.
- Meeting monthly targets given by Sales Upper Management.
- We are maintaining constant communication with the Operations/Customer Service departments and overseas offices.
- Assisting the Accounts Receivable department with tracking payments from the customer base.
- Other job duties as assigned.
- MUST HAVE FREIGHT FORWARDING SALES EXPERIENCE
- Strong Sales and Customer Service skills.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- The ability to learn quickly and work efficiently as productivity goals are met.
- Good organizational skills as this position requires working with multiple departments and following up with clients and prospects.
- Must have reliable transportation at the time of hire.
Education and Experience:
- Must have 3 to 5 years of field sales experience in Freight Forwarding/Logistics.
- Proven record of accomplishment of sales achievements.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Base Salary, based on experience.
- Bonus plan
- Car Allowance
- Great medical, dental, and vision plans
- 401K with Company match
- Vacation, Sick, and PTO time
- Great Company culture, fun environment