Financial Advisor II-Brooklyn, NY
Toronto Dominion Bank Group
- Job Opportunities
- Why Choose Us
- Campus Recruitment
- Our Businesses
Financial Advisor II-Brooklyn, NY
January 5, 2024
The FA II role requires previous experience selling investments and providing financial planning.
This role is at the center of the MA client services model delivering an integrated Wealth Management, financial planning, and Insurance offering by providing day-to-day account management, financial needs analysis, direct sales of wealth management solutions and complex annuity and insurance solutions for clients and their businesses. In so doing, the FA II must focus on maximizing clients’ satisfaction with their overall wealth relationship, maximizing profitability of the client relationship, while ensuring operating within TD’s risk appetite and meeting regulatory compliance standards
- Must be eligible for employment under regulatory standards applicable to the position.
- Experience selling investments and providing financial plans
- Demonstrates a commitment to being customer-centric by delivering legendary service during every customer interaction to maximize retention and growth
- Ensures all NEW clients receive the complete on-boarding experience, which includes: a thorough client discovery, completion of a financial needs analysis to provide goals-based advice, an introduction to the centralized client servicing team as per client need, and completion of all requisite client documents
- May work with clients with more complex needs and be able to have fulsome discussions with clients as the subject matter expert
- Ensures all new & existing clients are provided with a MA Planning Experience
- Effectively implement a process to ensure every client receives an Annual Client Review (ACR) meeting with an enhanced agenda focused on the client’s overall wealth needs, as well as pro-active contacts
- Serves as the primary point of contact for TD Wealth client relationships for MA segment; manages all aspects of the client’s relationships with TD Bank and refers to Retail and Wealth partners & affiliates as needed
- Implements and executes a differentiated service model/experience for MA clients
- Meets quarterly and annual sales goals
- Deepens wallet share by anticipating client needs and suggesting the most appropriate Wealth solutions. Maximizes profitability, while ensuring the client receives an exceptional client experience
- Identifies opportunities within your portfolio and network to refer business to Retail and Small Business/Commercial Partners
- Executes in a manner that is compliant with regulations, policies and procedures
- Adheres to all federal, state, SRO regulations and Firm policies related to all business activities (e.g. OCC, SEC, State Insurance Commissioners, NY Department of Financial Services, etc.)
- Ensures all Continuing Education requirements are attained
- Responsible for understanding and adhering to TD Bank & TD Wealth Policies and Procedures
- Responsible for implementing TD’s Customer Identification Program (CIP) by collecting and verifying required customer identification information, and performing other Customer Due Diligence and Enhanced Due Diligence Requirements as outlined in the Business Unit AML procedures
- Uncovers client’s asset and transitions higher threshold clients to appropriate HNW Wealth partners as needed
- Responsible for fostering and contributing to a positive and constructive work environment with a focus on supporting the overall Wealth team
- Provides coaching, Wealth referral training & on-going feedback to Retail and Small Business staff
- Contributes individually, as a team member and as a mentor to new FAs, to ensure strong performance, collaboration and enthusiasm
- Represents TD Wealth to the general public in a professional manner
- Be involved in the community and support TDBG charity and community initiatives
- 4-year degree required or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years direct experience selling investments & providing financial planning
- 7+ years of overall working experience preferred
- Series 65 required
- Life and Health insurance licenses required, or ability to obtain within licensing and registration schedule
- Advanced understanding of wealth management business development techniques, products, services and overall industry.
- Advanced understanding and experience with retail and small business banking and experience interacting with Mass Affluent and HNW clients
- Consultative sales experience required
- Proven ability to establish relationships and partner effectively with other departments within TD Bank, America’s Most Convenient Bank
- Ability to travel within assigned Market; about 75% of time
- Driver’s License require
At TD, we’re guided by our purpose to enrich the lives of our customers, communities and colleagues, and share a set of values that shape our culture and behaviors. In exchange for how our colleagues show up to help TD succeed, we are committed to delivering a colleague experience grounded in Impact, Growth and a Culture of Care. No matter where you work across TD, we empower you to make an impact at work and in your community, explore and grow your career, and be part of our caring and inclusive culture.
Making Your Well-being a Priority
A caring and supportive culture that promotes colleague well-being is core to who we are. At TD, we focus on total well-being with extensive programs to help colleagues assess, manage, and improve their well-being across four core pillars — physical, financial, social and mental/emotional. In addition, we champion a safe and inclusive work environment, so colleagues feel a sense of belonging and feel supported in their personal and professional growth. Through our focus on well-being, we know that we can help our colleagues thrive, contribute to our culture of care, and support better business outcomes, because when colleagues feel their best, they’re more likely to do their best.
Our Total Rewards Package
Our Total Rewards package reflects the investments we make in our colleagues to help them and their families achieve their financial, physical and mental well-being goals. Total Rewards at TD includes base salary and variable compensation/incentive awards (e.g., eligibility for cash and/or equity incentive awards, generally through participation in an incentive plan) and several other key plans such as health and well-being benefits, savings and retirement programs, paid time off (including Vacation PTO, Flex PTO, and Holiday PTO), banking benefits and discounts, career development, and reward and recognition.
How We Work
At TD, we believe in-person connections fuel collaboration and collective creativity. Our workplace experience empowers colleagues to do great work side-by-side at TD locations, while offering flexibility to work remotely where it makes sense for the work and team. Our teams work in one of three workplace models: hybrid, onsite and primarily remote. Wherever our colleagues are working, they’ll always have access to the TD community to experience our culture of care.
Who We Are
TD is one of the world’s leading global financial institutions and is the fifth largest bank in North America by branches/stores. Every day, we deliver legendary customer experiences to over 27 million households and businesses in Canada, the United States and around the world. More than 95,000 TD colleagues bring their skills, talent, and creativity to the Bank, those we serve, and the economies we support. We are guided by our vision to Be the Better Bank and our purpose to enrich the lives of our customers, communities and colleagues. TD is deeply committed to being a leader in customer experience, that is why we believe that all colleagues, no matter where they work, are customer facing. As we build our business and deliver on our strategy, we are innovating to enhance the customer experience and build capabilities to shape the future of banking. Whether you’ve got years of banking experience or are just starting your career in financial services, we can help you realize your potential. Through regular leadership and development conversations to mentorship and training programs, we’re here to support you towards your goals. As an organization, we keep growing – and so will you.
At TD, we’re committed to fostering an environment where all colleagues are encouraged to bring their authentic selves to work, experience equitable opportunities, and feel respected and supported. We’re dedicated to building an inclusive workforce that reflects the diversity of the customers and the communities in which we live and serve.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you are a candidate with a disability and need accommodations to complete the application process, email the TD Bank US Workplace Accommodations Program at USWAPTDO@td.com. Include your full name, best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process.
How We’re Helping Make an Impact in Communities
TD has a long-standing commitment to help drive progress towards a more inclusive and sustainable future. That’s why we launched the TD Ready Commitment in 2018, now a multi-year North American initiative. Under the TD Ready Commitment, we are targeting a total of $1 billion by 2030 in community giving across four key, interconnected drivers of change: Financial Security, Vibrant Planet, Connected Communities, and Better Health. It’s our goal to help support change, nurture progress, and contribute to making the world a better, more inclusive place for our customers, colleagues, and communities.
We look forward to hearing from you!