Wilson, Elser, Moskowitz, Edelman & Dicker
Wilson Elser's White Plains office is seeking a Lead Paralegal to support its growing commercial and municipal collection business operations.
This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated, independent, and self-starting legal professional looking to advance his or her career while working in a rewarding and team oriented environment.
Wilson Elser is a full-service and leading defense litigation law firm who faithfully serves our clients with more than 1,000 attorneys, across 42 offices in the United States and one in London. Founded in 1978, we rank among the top 200 law firms identified by The American Lawyer and 53rd in The National Law Journal's survey of the nation's largest law firms.
- Must have a Bachelor's degree; paralegal certificate preferred
- 2+ years of general litigation experience in NYS State Courts
- Extremely detail-oriented and able to prioritize a heavy workload
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to integrate into a fast-paced environment
- Incorporate new client assignments into case management system and facilitate conflicts checks
- Maintain client, debtor, and litigation data within case management system
- Draft and assemble standard correspondence, pleadings, motions, and affidavits
- Monitor and maintain court calendar diaries for deadlines and appearances
- Communicate with clients to develop supporting information and documentation
- Process and document payments by check and credit card
- Assist in preparation of reports and responses to data requests
Why Should You Apply?
- Excellent Benefits
- Generous PTO plan
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
- Corporate Discount Plans
The annualized salary range for this position is $55,000 to $70,000.Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience and other job-related factors permitted by law.
Wilson Elser is a firm who focuses their commitment to both their clients and you! Please consider joining our team by applying online or sending your credentials to Careers@wilsonelser.com and putting "White Plains Collections Paralegal" in the subject line.
We believe in creating a work environment free of barriers and bias, where individual outlooks and talents are respected and valued. Our firm's policy is to ensure an equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, disability, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by the law.