Associate Portfolio Executive
Associate Portfolio Executive
- Job ID
- 4225 Naperville Road, Lisle, Illinois, United States, 60532
Join C.H. Robinson as an Associate Portfolio Executive and begin learning and building your customer portfolio as part of an accelerated training track, ensuring service delivery aligns with customer commitments. As a brand ambassador, you'll drive positive customer experiences while expanding your business portfolio. Upon completion of the training track, you will move into a Portfolio Executive role. The Associate Portfolio Executive position stands out as a premier opportunity, offering abundant resources and development support. For those committed to putting in the work, there's no better role for a long and successful career in this industry.
Our Associate Portfolio Executives don't cold call. Instead, they are accountable to convert vetted warm leads to active customers by developing relationships and fostering business growth with customers introduced by our sales resources. This unique approach allows you to focus solely on relationship development and business expansion, setting us apart from competitors who execute business but don’t delve as deeply into customer relationships because they spend more of their time prospecting.
What makes this role unique?
Our unparalleled support system allows you to effectively manage your portfolio with confidence. We provide robust technology that amplifies your capabilities and bandwidth, enabling management of large portfolios efficiently. Additionally, our emphasis on autonomy allows you the freedom to run your business with our extensive network and scalability.
We prioritize your growth.
Our strong onboarding program and commitment to personal development within the organization ensure you have the tools for success. The collaborative culture and managerial focus on your development propel your career forward.
Everyday life in this role is dynamic.
You have the opportunity to win daily with our established customer base. Moreover, we promote a supportive environment, ensuring a work-life balance where teams support each other, allowing everyone to enjoy PTO.
If you're driven, money-motivated, and passionate about relationship-building and problem-solving, apply now to be part of our team!
- Drive the conversion of sales leads into active customers by establishing strong contacts, fostering relationships, and comprehensively understanding customer needs to achieve the highest possible conversation rate
- Proactively engage with customers, carrier, suppliers, and internal stakeholders, ensuring the attainment of customer needs and growth targets
- Respond promptly to customer inquiries and exceptions while managing conflict diplomatically
- Identify automation opportunities to streamline processes, enhance operational efficiency, and ensure high-quality execution by promptly identifying and resolving operational issues
- Reconnect with dormant customers, fostering relationships and stimulating demand
- Execute pricing strategy through applying effective negotiation skills, market acumen, and knowledge of customer buying habits
- Maintain a sense of urgency in addressing both your teammates' customers and your own developing portfolio of customers
Service Delivery & Business Development
- Generate additional business within teammates' portfolios, exceeding monthly volume and revenue targets while expanding portfolio size
- Drive demand by engaging customers, fostering relationships, and capitalizing on business prospects
- Identify growth potential within accounts, transitioning transactional engagements into committed partnerships
- Stay updated on customer, industry, and market changes to pinpoint growth opportunities
- Execute various customer-facing operational tasks like quoting, load building, shipment activation, and handling order-level service escalations
- Adopt and apply new tools, technology, and processes to improve overall workflow
- Utilize data and reporting to identify service improvement opportunities and expand wallet share
- Partner with internal resources to ensure account processes and SOPs are complete and adhered to
- Maintain a minimum portfolio size of existing customers by volume and revenue
- Participate in daily or weekly team stand-ups to foster communication and alignment
- Use technology to manage order statuses and initiates corrective measures during exceptions
- Leverage Navisphere 2.0, with demonstrated ability to create customer and supplier logins and support adoption
- Assist in the development of any SOPs required to manage customers' business effectively
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum 6 months Customer Engagement Experience internal or external
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university.
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and problem-solving.
- Demonstrated negotiation, collaboration, and influencing skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of Programs.
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment.
We value an environment where you can grow by challenging yourself, and are supported with the potential for internal promotion – within Sales, Global Forwarding, Operations, Account Management or other areas – so you can discover new interests, develop your strengths, and reach your life goals. So what are you waiting for? Click that apply button.
Questioning if you meet the mark? Studies have shown that women and people of color may be less likely to apply unless they match the job description exactly. Here at C.H. Robinson, we’re building a diverse and inclusive workplace where all employees feel they belong. If this position excites you, we welcome you to apply whether you check all the preferred qualifications or just a few. You may just be our next great fit!
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Your Health, Wealth and Self
Your total wellbeing is the foundation of our business, and our benefits support your financial, family and personal goals. We provide the top-tier benefits that matter to you most, including:
Two medical plans (including a High Deductible Health Plan)
Prescription drug coverage
Enhanced Fertility benefits
Flexible Spending Accounts
Health Savings Account (including employer contribution)
Dental and Vision
Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance
Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Paid and floating holidays
Paid time off (PTO)
Paid parental leave
Paid time off to volunteer in your community
Charitable Giving Match Program
401(k) with 6% company matching
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Plus a broad range of career development, networking, and team-building opportunities
Dig in to our full list of benefits on OUR CULTUREpage.
Why Do You Belong at C.H. Robinson?
Standing out among the world’s largest logistics platforms, C.H. Robinson solves logistics problems for companies across the globe and across industries, from the simple to the most complex. For 100+ years, our global suite of services has innovated trade to seamlessly deliver the products and goods that drive the world’s economy. With 20 million shipments annually for 100,000 customers, and millions of dollars contributed to support causes that matter to us, our people and technology literally move the world.
As a FORTUNE 200 company, FORTUNE has also named C.H. Robinson one of the World’s Most Admired Companies 2022. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, we are proud to be recognized as one of LinkedIn’s Top Companies in Minneapolis-St. Paul 2021. And we’re not stopping there… Join us as we collaborate, innovate, and work as one global team to make life better and more sustainable for our customers, communities, and world.
- Associate Sales Development Representative Eden Prairie, Minnesota, Atlanta, Georgia, Conshohocken, Pennsylvania, Plano, Texas, Minneapolis, Minnesota, Phoenix, Arizona, Lisle, Illinois, Grandview Heights, Ohio, Kansas City, Missouri, Nashville, Tennessee, Orange, California, Chicago, Illinois 01/18/2024
- Carrier Representative - Full-Time Position Starting March 2024 Lisle, Illinois 12/01/2023
- Portfolio Executive Lisle, Illinois 02/08/2024
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.
Join our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.