Global IT Data Engineering Manager (Data Architecture & Data Science)
Software Engineering, IT, Other Engineering, Data Science
Sesto San Giovanni, Metropolitan City of Milan, Italy
Posted on Thursday, August 31, 2023
Campari Group today is a major player in the global branded spirits industry, with a portfolio of over 50 premium and super premium brands, marketed and distributed in over 190 markets around the world, with leading positions in Europe and the Americas.Headquartered in Milan, Italy, Campari Group owns 22 plants worldwide and has its own distribution network in 22 countries, and employs approximately 4,000 people.Shares of the parent company Davide Campari - Milano N.V. are listed on the Italian Stock Exchange since 2001. Campari Group is today the sixth-largest player worldwide in the premium spirits industry. Campari Group ONE IT context Campari Group is the 6th biggest spirits company worldwide with 2.7€ billion sales, more than 4.000 employees and a direct presence in more than 20 countries globally. Campari IT is at a key development stage moving from a back-office function to pivot into a business partnering function leading the technology agenda across the business with the objective to drive our business growth for the years to come. This represents an extremely exciting time to join Campari IT and Campari Group. General Description Of The RoleThe purpose of this position is to contribute to the overall analytics performance by supporting the Campari Data Analytics and Data Science organization through extensive collaboration, knowledge sharing and ensuring overall understanding for their area of expertise.We are currently looking for experienced Data Engineering Manager who can provide technical leadership and thought leadership as a senior member of the Analytics Practice in areas such as building scalable data pipelines, data access & ingestion, data processing, data integration, data modelling, database design & implementation, data visualization, and advanced analytics.The Data Engineering Manager will have experience in designing and hands-on development in cloud-based analytics solutions. The Data Engineer Manager will collaborate with project managers/scrum masters for project/sprint planning by estimating technical tasks and deliverables. Key Responsibilities And Activities
- Build scalable data system, data products and data pipelines to support Campari’s transformation programs and data driven decision making across global and regional business functions on Microsoft Azure and SAP Cloud Platforms
- Own data egnineering capabilities, manage and govern the data pipelines and solutions
- Vendor management
- Support Digital transformation initiatives through scalable data engineering solutions
- Represents the single point of contact and escalation point for any questions, concern and issues regarding the global Data & Analytics digital transformation programs, maintaining effective communication channels and positive working relationships for data engineering best practices and governance.
- Data maturity assessment, roadmap, strategy & execution plan creation for setup a data driven organization.
- 8+ years of proven experience in building data engineering solutions for medium to large enterprise to support data & analytics at scale; defining strategy and roadmaps, providing architecture, solutions and guidelines.
- Assembling large, complex sets of data that meet non-functional and functional business requirements
- Hands-on experience in designing and delivering data products using the Azure Data Analytics platform including Azure Databricks, Azure Cosmos DB, Azure Data Factory, Azure Logic Apps, Azure Functions, Azure Storage, Azure SQL Data Warehouse/Synapse, Azure Data Lake, Azure Search, Azure Machine Learning, AI-Cognitive Services
- Proven leadership experience of Data Engineering solutions and pipelines implementations with Regional and Global deployments for a multi-national corporation in a decision-making capacity.
- Should be well versed with Data Structures & algorithms and software engineering best practices
- Expert level in two or more of the following languages: Python, PySpark, SQL, Spark SQL , C#, Powershell scripting
- Knowledge in Azure Databricks, Azure IoT, Azure HDInsight + Spark, Azure Stream Analytics, Power BI, SAP S4/HANA, SAP W, SAC, SAP DWC is desirable
- Basic understanding of Data Science and working experience with DS team
- Bachelor’s/master’s degree, preferably in any digital domain e.g. IT, Electronics, Communication, Systems Engineering or similar professions.
- Fluent English is a must, Italian knowledge is a plus, as a third European language