Ocean Operations Specialist - Motorsports
DHL Freight US/Standard Forwarding is a top-quality LTL carrier with 14 terminals spread throughout the Midwest. We provide overnight service within and between Illinois, Iowa, Wisconsin, Indiana and Minnesota.
· Drafting quotations for import/export inquiries related to Global Event Logistics in cooperation with DHL’s global network or agents
· Directs, coordinates performs booking and booking optimization and ensure timely execution with DHL Global Forwarding, Third Party Freight Forwarders, Trucking Companies or other vendors on customer behalf
· Creates and confirms transport order to ensure pickup of the shipment at origin
· Prepares export documentation, including entry into computer operations program, in accordance to country requirements
· Preparation of Hazardous Material and any other documents required by the customer
· Follow-up with carriers to keep track of departure/arrival information and updates customers
· Ensures all work for assigned department/team is completed in a timely and efficient manner
· Supports in KPI achievements by monitoring and driving performance of all ocean related shipments
· Handles and serves as escalations level for all ocean related shipments (e.g. dispute with internal/external customers)
· Recommends process improvements for area; identifies, defines and develop solutions to issues not immediately evident in existing systems / reporting.
Skills / Requirements:
- BA/BS preferred or combination of education and experience
- Minimum 2 years previous Ocean freight experience
- Strong computer skills: Microsoft (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, & Outlook)
- Proficient decision making skills
- High degree of written, verbal and organizational skills
- Diligent attention to details
- Occasional travel to project sites required
As the world’s leading logistics’ company, DHL offers a wide range of interesting job challenges and opportunities in our different divisions around the globe. Our performance management system supports us in recognizing your potential, evaluating your performance, and continuously planning the development of your career with DHL. We will always enable you to take on responsibility and encourage your growth, personally and professionally.
We are proud of our history and what we have created, a global market leader with 30,000 passionate employees. Our aspiration is to become the undisputed leader in our industry, when people think of forwarding; we want them to think DGF, because we have:
· The largest global network with more than ~30,000 passionate employees
· The most efficient processes and fastest response times
· The best solutions and best customer service
Our Vision: The Logistics Company for the World
Our Mission: Excellence. Simply Delivered.
Our Purpose: We connect people, improving their lives.
Our Values: Respect & Results
Our Goals: Employer, Provider, and Investment of Choice, Living Responsibility
Standard Forwarding/DHL Freight US is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Work Authorization:Standard Forwarding/DHL Freight US will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which visa sponsorship will be provided. Individuals who need sponsorship for work authorization, now or in the future, are not eligible for hire for this role.
Equal Opportunity Employer, Disability/Vets. Click here for EEO Statements and Reasonable Accommodations.