DHL Supply Chain is Hiring!
At DHL, you will play a part in one of the world’s most essential industries. As the world’s leading contract logistics provider, we believe in doing the right thing, growing together, and delivering the difference. At DHL, you have a voice that matters and can make an impact that lasts. There has never been a better time to join DHL Supply Chain. In a global business like ours, the opportunities are endless. So, join us. Work with us. Grow with us.
-Position: First(1st) Shift Forklift Operator
In addition to the general job description below, the ideal candidate may also possess the following skills:Production, Manufacturing, Warehouse, General Labor, Forklift, Quality Control, Material Handler, Loader / Unloader, Equipment Operator, Reach truck, Dock Stocker.
-Aminimum of 6 month’s experience operatingstand-up material handling equipment is required. This position requires safe and efficient operation of a stand-up Dock Stocker and Reach Truckand first preference will be given to applicants with this experience. Experience operating other material handling equipment such as Order (Cherry) Picker, Sit-down, Clamp, Electric Pallet Jack is also a plus.
-The position is a combination of equipment operator (30-90% depending on production peak times) but will also require the employee to perform material handling and loading/unloading duties.
-Aminimum of 6 month’s experienceusing a commercial WMS (warehouse management system) such as Blue Yonder, Red Prairie, JDA, SAP is highly preferred.
Be part of the world’s largest logistics company!DHL Supply Chain hasbeen certified as a Great Place to Work® and Top Employer in the US for the 3rdyear in a row
- AFFORDABLE medical, dental, and vision coverage offered on your 30th day
- Paid vacation and holidays
- 401(k) with generous company match
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Excellent training and career advancement opportunities
Grow your skills. Shape your world.
What will you do in this role? Our Forklift Operators are responsible for moving stock from one area to another within our warehouse environment. You’ll load and unload shipments of various sizes, and you may use certain types of equipment such as stand-up, sit-down, or clamp forklifts and electric pallet jacks.Our environment is team oriented, fast paced and safety focused. We move products that people need and want. At DHL, YOU will be an essential part of everyday life.
- Load, unload, move, stock, and stage products and materials using various types of forklifts or other power equipment 80% of specified shift.
- Pull and prepare product for shipment ensuring the exact number and types of product is loaded.
- Keep appropriate records and reports for inventory accuracy.
- Comply with all OSHA and MSDS standards.
- Verify load accuracy; check the load count, stability, and product damage, report variances as necessary.
- Change equipment battery or LP tank and monitor power source as necessary.
- Maintain the facility’s equipment and materials in a neat, clean, and orderly fashion.
- Assist in physical inventories.
- Complete daily inspection of equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Forklift operator certificate or satisfactory completion of a forklift-training program within the first 30 days of employment
- High School Diploma or Equivalent, preferred
- Six months warehouse experience, preferred
- Six months forklift operation experience
Our Organization is an equal opportunity employer.