Manager for Record to Report - SAP Finance area
Job Req Number: 75699
Time Type: Full Time
PLEASE REMEMBER TO CLICK "APPLY" BUTTON AFTER SAVING YOUR PROFILE TO COMPLETE YOUR APPLICATION PROCESS.
Purpose of the job / Responsibility:
Manager for Record to Report in SAP Finance area will be responsible for the portfolio of processes part of the SAP Finance applications. Responsibility for owning development, operations, maintenance, and support of the process areas and connected modules within the SAP application.
You will be part of our SAP management team which is part of the global Finance & Group Systems IT. The department is responsible for our SAP solution which consists of FI/CO/SD/MM across the global set-up in DSV. In general activities span implementation, support, enhancement and roll-out of SAP-based solutions. We support continuous improvement of our business processes and ensure that the processes stay compliant with legal regulations in various countries.
We support the DSV entities which are using the SAP system – and cover the RTR processes across the globe. You will manage a highly skilled team of 12 SAP consultants. The team is based in 6 different countries around the world, you will mostly communicate through our digital channels.
As our SAP manager, you will support your team as they work as internal SAP consultants on individual projects and global rollouts. You will be the single point of contact both for your team but also for the stakeholders within the DSV organization. You will act as sparring partner for the different team members and stakeholder. You will use your extensive and hands on SAP experience to guide and help your team in their daily work.
You will as part of the Business Solution management team ensure a smooth and efficient SAP environment – where you are responsible for keeping the current processes supported and up to date – while at the same time providing project support and support for enhancements.
We provide solution recommendations, consider scope and client requirements as well as take care of the configurations. And it is your task to ensure proper technical design, configuration, requirements gathering and creation of technical specifications within the DSV SAP template while keeping your team happy and motivated.
Following areas are part of your responsibility:
- System Implementation: Implementing SAP's financial software modules, such as SAP Finance (SAP FI) and Controlling (SAP CO), to support the Record to Report process.
- Process Optimization: Analyzing and optimizing existing R2R processes within the organization to make them more efficient and aligned with industry best practices.
- Data Integrity: Ensuring the accuracy and integrity of financial data within SAP systems to support financial reporting and compliance requirements.
- Compliance: Ensuring that the R2R process complies with relevant accounting standards, regulations, and internal policies.
- Financial Reporting: Using SAP's reporting capabilities to generate financial reports for internal and external stakeholders, such as management, auditors, and regulatory agencies.
- Training and Support: Providing training and support to the finance and accounting teams on how to use SAP software effectively and efficiently.
- Continuous Improvement: Identifying opportunities for continuous improvement and innovation in the R2R process using SAP software.
- Integration: Collaborating with other departments and IT teams to integrate SAP financial modules with other business systems e.g. TMS systems and reporting.
- Vendor Management: Managing relationships with SAP or third-party software vendors to ensure the organization has access to the latest updates and support.
Specific tasks which you and your team will handle:
- Service requests
- Change requests
- Support tickets
- Communication and coordination with business owner and vendors
- Communication and coordination internally in DSV Global IT
- Lead application teams
- Participation in projects and deliveries
- SLA responsibility (with support from incident management)
- Resource allocation of technical and functional specialists
We work closely with many of the business units across DSV. You can look forward to a fast-paced SAP area. We are still adding to the platform and are striving to take new technology and functionality into use.
Our SAP platform runs on an S4HANA platform – and we have a diverse setup with BTP and several cloud-based services in use. Our SAP landscape covers mainly SAP Finance functionality but extends also into BW and EPM. We use MDG functionality and have many interfaces to DSV TMS and Logistics systems.
Our SAP community is international and consists of approximately 70 highly skilled IT colleagues in an open, informal environment. We are part of a large global IT organization - and you can expect to work closely both with DSV IT operations and support – as well as our business users, who are closely involved in setting the priorities of the service that we supply.
To succeed in this position, you will need to perfect the art of keeping the overview in a large and diverse organization. You will have a lot of opportunity to use your skills in forming our SAP landscape and processes going forward. Part of the job will be to manage a diverse team at a distance. To do this, you will need to reach out to your team, communicate frequently, provide clear guidelines, and make sure they thrive. You will also get to use your diplomacy and stakeholder management skills as you collaborate with colleagues across the world.
Communication will involve:
- Business owners
- IT Specialists across the global IT-organization
- Project Managers
- IT support
We have an open mind regarding your background, though we imagine that you:
- Have profound experience with SAP Solutions (FI/CO is a must, SD/MM of advantage) and experience in complex IT landscapes from either a consultancy or a large international organization.
- Have solid experience with management, preferably as a line manager in an IT organization.
- Speak and write English fluently.
- Experience with application management
- Experience with IT security and compliance
- Experience with understanding business processes
- Experience with management reporting
- Experience with working in a global organization with a large variety of business areas.
- Experience with ITIL and project management
As our SAP Manager in the R2R process you will play a vital role for our organizations. We are focused on achieving financial efficiency, accuracy, and compliance using SAP's standard software solutions. Our SAP platform is used in a global setting – primarily within the Finance areas. This means that the SAP RTR team works closely with the other functional teams, IT departments, and external partners.
We expect that you can show below qualifications:
- Good interpersonal skills, including strong verbal and written communication.
- Strong systems / process orientation particularly in finance with proven analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Able to work under pressure and a good team player.
- Ability and knowledge to drive tasks forward with proactive communication.
- Ability to perform with little direction and work with remote team members in other locations.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment while demonstrating flexibility to perform in multi-task situations.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly to changing company needs and deadlines
What we offer:
- Employment contract
- Comprehensive onboarding program
- Internal training catalog and e-learning platform
- Culture of feedback
- Internal transition program
- Scandinavian work culture
- Work-life Harmony
DSV – Global transport and logistics
DSV is a dynamic workplace that fosters inclusivity and diversity. We conduct our business with integrity, respecting different cultures and the dignity and rights of individuals. When you join DSV, you are working for one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. You’ll join a talented team of more than 75,000 employees in over 80 countries, working passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services. DSV aspires to lead the way towards a more sustainable future for our industry and are committed to trading on nature’s terms.
We promote collaboration and transparency and strive to attract, motivate and retain talented people in a culture of respect. If you are driven, talented and wish to be part of a progressive and versatile organisation, we’ll support you and your need to achieve your potential and forward your career.