Driver, Open Deck OTR
DSV - Global transport and logistics
In 1976, ten independent hauliers joined forces and founded DSV in Denmark. Since then, DSV has evolved to become the world's 3rd largest supplier of global solutions within transport and logistics. Today, we add value to our customers' entire supply chain by transporting, storing, packaging, re-packaging, processing and clearing all types of goods. We work every day from our many offices in more than 80 countries to ensure a steady supply of goods to production lines, outlets, stores and consumers all over the world. Our reach is global yet our presence is local and close to our customers. Read more at www.dsv.com
Location: Virtual - Oklahoma
Division: Road Transport US
Job Posting Title: Driver, Open Deck OTR, Open Deck OTR
Time Type: Full Time
At DSV we are seeking experienced and dependable OTR Open-deck Truck Driver to transport a wide range of freight, including oversized and irregularly shaped cargo. As an OTR Open Deck Truck Driver, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the secure and on-time delivery of our customers’ shipments.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Safely operate an open-deck tractor/trailer while adhering to all applicable traffic laws and regulations.
- Secure and transport a variety of cargo, ensuring proper loading, balance, and securement of the load
- Conduct pre-trip and post-trip inspections of the vehicle to ensure safety and report any maintenance issues.
- Plan efficient routes, considering factors such as traffic conditions and weather.
- Maintain compliance with Federal and State Safety regulations.
- Maintain accurate records of hours, miles driver, and cargo in accordance with DOT regulations.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with dispatchers and customers
- Handle all necessary documentation and paperwork associated with each load, including Bills of Lading, permits, and logbooks.
- Tarp and strap load as needed.
- Ensure the safety of the load during transport by regularly checking securement and adjusting as needed.
- Assist with loading and unloading cargo when required, using the appropriate tools and equipment.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Education and/or Experience
- Meet D.O.T. qualification requirements, FMCSR 391.41
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Professional Designations
- CDL A License Required
- Meet D.O.T. Qualification Requirements
- Must have a TWIC or eligible to obtain a TWIC card within 90 days
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Basic computer skills
- English (reading, writing, verbal)
- 3 year’s driving experience
While performing the duties of this job, the employee uses his/her hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk or hear. The employee uses some electronic and telephone equipment. Specific vision requirements of this job include close vision and distance vision.
Physically able with or without accommodation to:
- Frequently carry, push, or pull freight weighting 1-125 pounds
- Lifts up to 50 pounds.
- Frequently reach for freight at wait level and occasionally above should height or below waist level
- Shift manual transmission and operate foot pedals
- Frequently squat or crouch to handle and position freight
- Climb in and out of over-the-road tractor, 4 to 6 feet, 8 to 10 times daily with assistance of various steps and handholds; occasionally bending, twisting, climbing, squatting, crouching and balancing.
- Conduct pre-trip inspection so a tractor and trailer
- Be able to hook/unhook various commercial vehicle combinations, manually lower/raise landing gear, operate the fifth wheel release level, lock/release pintle-hooks, fuel vehicles and check engine oil/coolant levels, perform preventative maintenance
- Must be able to spend at least 5% of day standing and 5% of the day walking on surfaces such as wood, metal and concrete. Surface may sometimes be slippery or wet
- Must be able to reach above should level, at waist level and below waist level for maneuvering and directing the controls to operate the truck
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The physical demands and work environment characteristics described above are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Pay Range for this position is: $47,000.00 - $63,500.00 Annual USD. Actual base compensation will be determined based on various factors including job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations
DSV does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited resumes to our website, employees, or Human Resources. DSV will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of DSV and will be processed accordingly without fees.
DSV – Global transport and logistics
DSV is a dynamic workplace that fosters inclusivity and diversity. We conduct our business with integrity, respecting different cultures and the dignity and rights of individuals. When you join DSV, you are working for one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. You’ll join a talented team of more than 75,000 employees in over 80 countries, working passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services. DSV aspires to lead the way towards a more sustainable future for our industry and are committed to trading on nature’s terms.
We promote collaboration and transparency and strive to attract, motivate and retain talented people in a culture of respect. If you are driven, talented and wish to be part of a progressive and versatile organisation, we’ll support you and your need to achieve your potential and forward your career.