System Specialist, WMS Superuser
DSV - Global transport and logistics
In 1976, ten independent hauliers joined forces and founded DSV in Denmark. Since then, DSV has evolved to become the world's 3rd largest supplier of global solutions within transport and logistics. Today, we add value to our customers' entire supply chain by transporting, storing, packaging, re-packaging, processing and clearing all types of goods. We work every day from our many offices in more than 80 countries to ensure a steady supply of goods to production lines, outlets, stores and consumers all over the world. Our reach is global yet our presence is local and close to our customers. Read more at www.dsv.com
Location: USA - Fontana, Bar Harbor Rd
Job Posting Title: System Specialist, WMS Superuser
Time Type: Full Time
The WMS SuperUser is responsible for the efficient transmission of information and the storage and analysis of information by means of computer networks and systems, the Internet, and computer databases. Responsibilities include but are not limited to installing, maintaining and supporting the facilities computer systems. The WMS SuperUser will provide general maintenance and system updates on network hardware an software, analyze problems, and monitor networks to ensure their availability to users. May gather data TO EVALUATE A SYSTEM’S PERFORMACE, IDENTIFY USER NEEDS, AND determine system and network requirements. May be required to be “on call” outside of normal business hours in order to resolve system failures or other problems. Will rely on experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Acts as the primary support of the client’s systems solutions for the user community
- Develops and maintains tracking tools for support service requests and resolutions by location and resource
- Engages appropriate expert resources when complex support issues arise outside of the WMS and/or SAP application
- Works with the company’s team to successfully close support service request issues and support testing activities
- Works with project teams to help implement, maintain, and improve Internal Systems
- Ensures that company and company assets are maintained responsibly
- Effectively communicates relevant IT-related information to site management and client management (as appropriate)
- Maintains system efficiency. Will ensure the site’s computer system allows all the components, including computers, the network, and software, to work properly together.
- Will test and coordinate modifications to the system when needed, and troubleshoot problems when they occur.
- Maintain communication with corporate IT and operations staff.
- Will work with corporate IT to resolve complex issues.
- In collaboration with IT determines ways to store, organize, analyze, use, and present data.
- Will produce regular reports on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Will ensure all RF Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) are current.
- Will train associates on updated SOP’s, Microsoft Office, WMS programs, and RF guns.
- Will respond to all inquiries about WMS and/or other related computer related issues.
- Will refer questions to appropriate person when needed.
- Responsible for professional verbal and written communication with all internal and external customers.
- Will adhere to professional etiquette standards when communicating with Management members, coworkers, customer, and other visitors.
- Assist with various research projects and/or special projects.
- Accountable for overseeing manpower, recruiting, retention, and development of people for the operation in his/her scope of responsibility
- Ensures that procedures exist at all sites to guarantee client service, productivity, as well as facilities and equipment maintenance
- Sets goals to provide continuous improvement for assigned site
- Performs other duties as required
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Education and/or Experience
- Either Four year degree in a computer related field or 2 year degree and relevant experience is basic requirement
- Minimum of 2 years of job related/relevant experience
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Professional Designations
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Mid to Senior Microsoft Office skills
- Technical knowledge of technologies appropriate to the assigned application or set of applications, business unit or region
- Experience in the administration and maintenance of infrastructure, software, systems, etc.
- Experience with RF/ RDTs, UNIX, proprietary WMS
- Wi-Fi experience / RF systems and equipment experience
- English (reading, writing, verbal)
- Interpersonal communication and language skills (e.g., listening to others, speaking to others, reading, writing).
- Communication (facilitation skills and very mature communication skills to be able to communicate to all levels in the organization).
- Basic to Intermediate skills needed
- Business & financial acumen (analyzing financial information, dealing with complexity, problem solving, using sound judgment).
- Analytical skills (e.g., storing information, data management, mining data, learning and following procedures).
- Conviction (adapting to change, being flexible, finding work improvements, resolving conflicts).
- Customer passion (customer service).
- Personal integrity (behaving with integrity, sensitivity to others).
- People and relationship management skills (e.g., demonstrating teamwork, sensitivity to others).
- Results driven (being dependable, being persistent/overcoming barriers, being productive, being resourceful, demonstrating work ethic, drive to achieve goals, IT compliance, prioritizing, reading, taking Initiative, taking ownership, working autonomously, project management skills).
- Change management skills (e.g., learning agility, adapting to change).
- Works under general supervision but is expected to use knowledge and experience to provide quality support to the user community
- 3-5 years of experience is preferred
- Experience dealing with end users, vendors and clients
- End to end understanding of the business intelligence and all of the components required to run a BI environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee uses his/her hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk or hear. The employee uses computer and telephone equipment. Specific vision requirements of this job include close vision and distance vision.
- Must be able to lift, bend, stoop, reach, and climb. Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds. Must be able to stand for several hours per day to perform required job duties as required by the nature of the business that is supported.
- Must be able to travel by plane and/or automobile.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee rarely is exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
- Working conditions are normal for a warehouse environment. Exposure to changing warehouse temperatures is possible.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described above are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Travel may be required, determined by business needs
- May be required to be “on-call” outside of normal business hours in order to resolve system failures or other problems.
We provide market-competitive compensation packages, inclusive of base pay, incentives, benefits, and equity. The pay for this role ranges from $73,300 to $101,275 . It would not be typical for someone to be hired at the top end of range for the role, as actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including experience, skills, and qualifications.
DSV – Global transport and logistics
DSV is a dynamic workplace that fosters inclusivity and diversity. We conduct our business with integrity, respecting different cultures and the dignity and rights of individuals. When you join DSV, you are working for one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. You’ll join a talented team of more than 75,000 employees in over 80 countries, working passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services. DSV aspires to lead the way towards a more sustainable future for our industry and are committed to trading on nature’s terms.
We promote collaboration and transparency and strive to attract, motivate and retain talented people in a culture of respect. If you are driven, talented and wish to be part of a progressive and versatile organisation, we’ll support you and your need to achieve your potential and forward your career.