Warehouse Business Development Manager - Nationwide Search
DSV - Global transport and logistics
In 1976, ten independent hauliers joined forces and founded DSV in Denmark. Since then, DSV has evolved to become the world's 3rd largest supplier of global solutions within transport and logistics. Today, we add value to our customers' entire supply chain by transporting, storing, packaging, re-packaging, processing and clearing all types of goods. We work every day from our many offices in more than 80 countries to ensure a steady supply of goods to production lines, outlets, stores and consumers all over the world. Our reach is global yet our presence is local and close to our customers. Read more at www.dsv.com
Location: Nationwide Search
Division: Air & Sea
Job Posting Title: Warehouse Business Development Manager - Nationwide Search
Time Type: Full Time
The Warehouse Business Development Manager is responsible for the development of warehouse revenue-producing relationships with decision-making level executives at targeted firms, as well as drive sales opportunities from initial prospect communication through contract execution. The Business Development Manager will provide input to strategic direction in developing comprehensive Marketing plans focused on business growth and development.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and makes sales presentations to potential and existing clients, as well as internal constituents
- Responsible for the identifying, qualifying, and pursuing new business opportunities
- Actively identifies client needs and ensures profitable solution to increase revenues and create strong client relationships
- Work with the Warehouse Management team members to develop strategic long-range planning that ensures revenue and market share growth
- Periodically analyzes existing warehouse activity throughout the US network to report on bottom line profitability, etc
- Represent the company at various industry events and/or business meetings to promote the company
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Educational background / Work experience
- Degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 2 to 5 years of professional experience
- 2-5 years of business development or account management experience in supply chain industry
- Ideal candidate will have experience selling to Tier 1 corporate end customers in multinational environment
- Prior history in leading cross-functional teams to successful execution
Skills & Competencies
- Be able to work as a team member and foster a cooperative work environment, while also being an individual contributor
- Excellent negotiation skill to secure contracts with client
- Proven ability to resolve problems and build consensus, given competing priorities and multiple perspectives
- General knowledge of Finance, Purchasing, Inventory Control, Logistics methodologies
- Microsoft Office Suite with demonstrated proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook
- Strategic conceptual thinking processes & strong analytical skills with focus on critical thinking
- Excellent professional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills in local language and English
- Strong presentation skills
- Must be comfortable working through ambiguous situations and advising senior management on appropriate course of action
- Ability to develop effective working relations with colleagues and clients across different functions, office locations and time zones
- Cross functional team management skills
- Able to rapidly adapt to unexpected job demands/changes in assignments
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Physical and/or Mental Requirements / Working Conditions
- Working conditions are normal for a warehouse environment with exposure to changing warehouse temperatures.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee rarely is exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
At Will Employment
DSV Air & Sea Inc. employees are hired for an undefined period of time as “at will” employees. This means that an employee may be terminated for any reason, or no reason at all, at any time, provided the discharge does not violate any law*. Additionally, each employee has the right to terminate his/her employment at any time. *Except if employed in Montana, where termination requires just cause.
For this position, the expected base pay is: $78,500 - $117,500 / Annual. Actual base compensation will be determined based on various factors including job-related knowledge, geographical location, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations.
DSV does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited resumes to our website, employees, or Human Resources. DSV will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of DSV and will be processed accordingly without fees.
DSV – Global transport and logistics
DSV is a dynamic workplace that fosters inclusivity and diversity. We conduct our business with integrity, respecting different cultures and the dignity and rights of individuals. When you join DSV, you are working for one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. You’ll join a talented team of more than 75,000 employees in over 80 countries, working passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services. DSV aspires to lead the way towards a more sustainable future for our industry and are committed to trading on nature’s terms.
We promote collaboration and transparency and strive to attract, motivate and retain talented people in a culture of respect. If you are driven, talented and wish to be part of a progressive and versatile organisation, we’ll support you and your need to achieve your potential and forward your career.