About the Role: Fragomen’s Legal Writer position will provide you with the opportunity to make an immediate impact on our business by providing writing support to our legal teams. Fragomen’s exclusive focus on immigration means you will work in an exciting, ever-changing and challenging atmosphere with people who are passionate about immigration. Providing world class client service and industry leading technology solutions, Fragomen helps our clients to navigate the complex world of global immigration to better achieve their goals. Our Legal Writers work closely with Fragomen Attorneys on drafting and writing the most complex cases.
How will you make a difference as a Legal Writer at Fragomen?
- Research, analyze, and write complex business immigration cases.
- Translate complex terminology into accessible, compelling, and relevant content for petitions to government entities.
- Create case strategy and work closely with attorneys on writing projects.
- Work closely with members of the legal team to ensure the accuracy of all information.
- Work independently and manage multiple writing projects simultaneously.
- Possess strong understanding of or ability to learn immigration law and the firms’ network of clients, cases, and legal teams.
- Apply excellent proofreading and editing skills to case-writing content and other materials.
- Meet assigned deadlines and communicate case progress/status/issues to supervisor.
- Act as source of technical expertise for the team, demonstrating ability to research complex technical issues and formulate solutions.
- Proactively escalate complex client issues to stakeholders and actively contribute to issue resolution.
- Engage, collaborate, and share knowledge with teams locally and regionally.
- Assist in the continuous review and improvement of practices and processes within the team.
- Use Connect and other firm technology accurately and in line with team and client protocols.
- Follow documented firm standards and policy to mitigate risk and ensure regulatory, operational and client compliance.
Leverage your valuable skills and experience to make an impact at Fragomen:
- Master’s degree or PhD in Creative Writing, English, Journalism, or writing related field
- 2-5 years’ experience as a Legal, Case or Technical Writer preferred but not required
- Business Immigration experience preferred, not required
- Possess excellent writing and analytical skills, as well as superior research skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to proofread documents, draft fluent prose, and avoid grammatical mistakes without the aid of AI engines
- Dedication to exceptional client service
- Demonstrated attention to detail, flexibility and initiative
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with competing demands
- Ability to contribute to a positive work environment
At Fragomen, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits which includes:
- 22 PTO days + Federal holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans + FSA & HSA Plans
- 401K plan, with company matching
Learn More About Fragomen:
Please take time to read About Us, explore the Meaningful and Impactful Work we do for our clients, and review the standard Benefits we offer. You can find all the material to the right of this page.