Technical Support Specialist
Technical Support Specialist
Sheffield, UK (hybrid)
Shift pattern: 11:00 – 19:30 OR 14:30 – 23:00
About the team:
Our dedicated team provides round-the-clock technical support for our firm. We assist end users with a range of issues, from printer and computer hardware problems to navigating various applications. Based in Pittsburgh (US) and Sheffield (UK), our team extends its support globally to ensure the smooth functioning of our organisation.
About the role:
Fragomen is seeking two Technical Support Specialists to join our organisation and support a variety of enterprise and custom client applications. Fragomen is focused on the nexus of law and technology. Our Technical Support Specialists provide white glove care, tier one support as Fragomen’s single point of contact.
Working in a collegial, team-oriented environment, our IT professionals learn from the industry's leading experts. Ideal candidates will be capable of self-directed work with strong communication skills across a variety of team collaboration tools. Our firm commitment to quality and best practices is supported by technological innovation that benefits our clients and staff.
- Act as initial point of contact or escalation group on any correspondence from internal and external clients regarding software applications, client services and technical questions.
- Deliver consistent responses to clients following established service level agreements upon ticket creation through all steps of the process including resolution.
- Manage ticketing system queue, providing detailed identification of root cause, troubleshooting steps performed, and resolution of the issue.
- Execute assigned tasks to fulfil configuration and support requirements for the Connect application.
- Document and update knowledge base articles and internal procedure workflow.
- Work independently to monitor and complete tasks in the queue.
- Continually evaluate opportunities to improve efficiency and effectiveness when resolving issues.
- Perform entry level system administration duties as assigned.
- Perform application testing as necessary prior to deployment.
- Deliver coaching to peers when necessary.
- Ability to multitask, work under pressure and handle interruptions while maintaining flexibility in work assignments.
- Relevant experience in a technical support role is required.
- Degree in an Information Technology related field is preferred.
- HDI certifications [Customer Service Representative (CSR), Support Centre Analyst (SCA) and Knowledge Centre Support (KCS) are desirable.
- ITIL v3 Foundations or Microsoft certifications desirable.
- Experience using Windows OS, Office 2010, Acrobat X, IE 11, Chrome, and other browsers.
- Experience using VPN client and Citrix client preferred.
- Experience in applications support, specifically validating issues reported, testing fixes, and working with developers or vendors to deliver a timely resolution.
- User acceptance testing or applications testing experience is helpful.
Fragomen in Sheffield:
Our Sheffield office is based in the city centre with the added bonus of free on-site parking, as well as several public transport links close by. The office has approximately 400 people working collaboratively and creating a dynamic, positive environment with over 20 different languages being spoken. You can expect a great working environment and regular events such as Summer and Christmas parties, social and cultural events.
The Firm operates a hybrid working model, which incorporates a blend of in-person attendance as well as working from home – our aim being to fully leverage our remote working technology and provide a balance for our people in the way that they work.
Whether in the office or working remotely, we are proud of our team spirit and we like to reflect this in the way that we work and everything we do. Our Responsible Business Strategy (RBS) prioritises Fragomen’s social responsibility through one cross-cutting theme and five focus areas.. These focus areas include: Wellbeing, Diversity and Inclusion, Charity & Pro bono work, Social and Environmental & Sustainability. The RBS initiative offers great opportunities for everyone at Fragomen to get involved and help steer a variety of initiatives and activities at the Firm. These range from social events and activities, to regular wellbeing newsletters and diversity discussions.
Fragomen is committed to promoting diversity, inclusion and equal opportunity for all employees and applicants, regardless of race, ethnicity, heritage, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or intersex status.