Director, US Legal Operations Transformation Services
At KPMG, you can become an integral part of a dynamic team at one of the world's top tax firms. Enjoy a collaborative, future-forward culture that empowers your success. Work with KPMG's extensive network of specialists & enjoy access to our Ignition Centers, where deep industry knowledge merges with cutting-edge technologies to create innovative tax solutions. Join a diverse team helping high-profile clients understand, analyze, and respond to complex business opportunities and challenges. Develop your career through a range of multifaceted engagements, formal training, and informal mentoring. At KPMG, we believe nothing is more important than investing in our culture because it's an investment in our people, our future, and what we stand for as a firm
KPMG is currently seeking a Director in Legal Operations and Transformation Services for our Tax Practice.
- Lead delivery teams on LOTS engagements, including strategic law department assessments, technology optimization, selections and implementations, organizational design initiatives, target operating model design, business process, governance models, strategic modeling, and decisions for legal departments
- Manage engagements according to KPMG's financial/cost management policies; develop and optimize approach to managing and executing engagements
- Oversee the day-to-day activities for LOTS engagements and serve as clients' main point of contact for engagement specific needs
- Supervise, mentor, and manage staff working on assigned projects
- Direct and lead change management initiatives to support the implementation of new legal processes, technologies, and systems with clients
- Develop responses to requests for proposals and lead/support new business development opportunities
- Minimum ten years of recent experience working in a corporate law department in a legal operations function and/or experience at a consulting firm with a focus on legal operations
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university; JD, MBA or master's degree from an accredited law, business, or graduate school preferred, in addition to others on KPMG's approved credential listing; any individual who does not possess at least one of the approved designations/credentials when their employment commences, has one year from their date of hire to obtain at least one of the approved designations/credentials; should you like to see the complete list of currently approved designations/credentials for the hiring practice/service line, your recruiter can provide you with that list
- Experience leading large scale legal operations projects with demonstrated strong project management skills, including experience selecting, implementing and deployment of various leading legal technologies such as CLM and ELM
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact with a variety of client stakeholders, including senior leaders and executives; prior experience leading sales and new business development support; able to supervise and offer guidance to staff, and work in and support a team environment
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future
KPMG complies with all local/state regulations regarding displaying salary ranges. If required, the ranges displayed below or via the URL below are specifically for those potential hires who will work in the location(s) listed. Any offered salary is determined based on relevant factors such as applicant's skills, job responsibilities, prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications and market considerations. In addition, the firm is proud to offer a comprehensive, competitive benefits package, with options designed to help you make the best decisions for yourself, your family, and your lifestyle. Available benefits are based on eligibility. Our Total Rewards package includes a variety of medical and dental plans, vision coverage, disability and life insurance, 401(k) plans, and a robust suite of personal well-being benefits to support your mental health. Depending on job classification, standard work hours, and years of service, KPMG provides Personal Time Off per fiscal year. Additionally, each year the firm publishes a calendar of holidays to be observed during the year and provides two firmwide breaks each year where employees will not be required to use Personal Time Off; one is at year end and the other is around the July 4th holiday. Additional details about our benefits can be found towards the bottom of our KPMG US Careers site at “Benefits & How We Work”.
Follow this link to obtain salary ranges by city outside of CA:
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
KPMG does not currently require partners or employees to be fully vaccinated or test negative for COVID-19 in order to go to KPMG offices, client sites or KPMG events, except when mandated by federal, state or local law. In some circumstances, clients also may require proof of vaccination or testing (e.g., to go to the client site).