Manager, Category Management Lead for Non-IT Professional Services
Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today's most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It's also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it's no wonder we're consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you're as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking a Manager, Category Management Lead for Non-IT Professional Services to join our Strategic Sourcing and Procurement Team organization.
- Create a market leading category management strategy for the firm's Non-IT Professional Services demand; provide category expertise in Professional Services and consulting to maximize total value and minimize third party risk; develop a preferred supplier program
- Drive and execute strategic sourcing projects, (RFP's, RFI's, RFQ's), to deliver exceptional total value; perform complex data analysis and build financial models such as pricing models, savings forecasts, make vs. buy decision models
- Lead, support and conduct successful negotiations; work with legal and other areas to ensure proper representation and enforcement of critical terms and conditions
- Build strong and trusted relationships with business partners in order to build influence, challenge the status quo; educate and enforce compliance and adoption to procurement policies
- Work with suppliers and key stakeholders to manage supplier performance against contracted contractual obligations and service levels; drive continuous improvement, and innovation; identify performance issues, determine root causes and work with internal stakeholders and suppliers to resolve
- Advocate for increased supplier diversity, supporting ESG and DEI goals
- Minimum five years of recent related work experience in category management, strategic sourcing, contract negotiation and supplier management in professional services or consulting procurement
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university; Master's degree from an accredited college/university is preferred (MBA or other relevant degree/certification highly desirable)
- Strong ability to engage, influence and collaborate with suppliers and senior management in a strategic and tactical manner; open to feedback and coaching
- Able to think critically and creatively; capability to execute on multiple projects, RFXs and contract negotiations simultaneously; demonstrated analytical, financial and problem-solving skillsets; organizational and project management skills to include stakeholder management and meeting facilitation
- Familiarity with Procurement technologies available in the marketplace today; outstanding MSFT Excel and PowerPoint skills are a must
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to adapt one's approach depending on the audience
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
KPMG does not currently require partners or employees to be fully vaccinated or test negative for COVID-19 in order to go to KPMG offices, client sites or KPMG events, except when mandated by federal, state or local law. In some circumstances, clients also may require proof of vaccination or testing (e.g., to go to the client site).