Associate/Senior Associate - Fed Tech Assurance Top Secret SCI + Poly
Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today's most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It's also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it's no wonder we're consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you're as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking an Associate/Senior Associate - Fed Tech Assurance to join our Audit practice.
- Plan and execute the day-to-day activities of Information Technology (IT) audit and attestation engagements, including but not limited to, reviewing access controls, segregation of duties, system development and system operations; potential projects include assessing information system controls in support of financial statements, SSAE 18 (SOC 1) examinations, IT-based performance audits, systems controls integration and IT audit readiness assessments for U.S. Federal government clients
- Work in teams to evaluate the design and effectiveness of technology controls throughout the business cycle
- Identify and communicate IT audit findings to senior management and clients
- Help identify performance improvement opportunities for assigned clients
Additional Responsibilities for Associate:
- Supervise associates and interns on engagements
- Serve as a liaison between clients and upper management
- Minimum one year of recent experience in any of the following areas: internal or external IT audit, risk assessment, business process reengineering, Enterprise Resource Planning packages (for example, SAP, Oracle Financials, Hyperion, and Cognos), Cloud Service Providers and related technologies (such as AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform), commonly encountered operating system and database technologies (Windows, UNIX/LINUX, Oracle DB, SQL Server), mainframe technologies, or Robotic Process Automation
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university in a business or information systems related field and either eligible to sit for the CPA exam in the state of your home office and must meet minimum educational requirements for the CPA licensure OR be eligible to sit for the CISA exam
- U.S. Federal government experience preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, collaboration and communication skills, technical knowledge, and the ability to write at a publication quality level in order to communicate findings and recommendations to the client's senior management team
- Able to obtain a U.S. Federal government security clearance within a reasonable period of time, which requires U.S. citizenship
- TS/SCI Clearance required
- Ability to travel as needed to support firm requirements
Additional Qualifications for Senior Associate:
- Minimum two years of recent experience in any of the following areas: internal or external IT audit, risk assessment, business process reengineering, Enterprise Resource Planning packages (for example, SAP, Oracle Financials, Hyperion, and Cognos), Cloud Service Providers and related technologies (such as AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform), commonly encountered operating system and database technologies (Windows, UNIX/LINUX, Oracle DB, SQL Server) mainframe technologies, Robotic Process Automation
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with ability to gain the confidence and respect of senior level executives
- Strong leadership and communication skills, technical knowledge, and the ability to write at a publication quality level in order to communicate findings and recommendations to the client's senior management team
KPMG complies with all local/state regulations regarding displaying salary ranges. If required, the ranges displayed below or via the URL below are specifically for those potential hires who will work in the location(s) listed. Any offered salary is determined based on relevant factors such as applicant's skills, job responsibilities, prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications and market considerations. In addition, the firm is proud to offer a comprehensive, competitive benefits package, with options designed to help you make the best decisions for yourself, your family, and your lifestyle. Available benefits are based on eligibility. Our Total Rewards package includes a variety of medical and dental plans, vision coverage, disability and life insurance, 401(k) plans, and a robust suite of personal well-being benefits to support your mental health. Depending on job classification, standard work hours, and years of service, KPMG provides Personal Time Off per fiscal year. Additionally, each year the firm publishes a calendar of holidays to be observed during the year and provides two firmwide breaks each year where employees will not be required to use Personal Time Off; one is at year end and the other is around the July 4th holiday. Additional details about our benefits can be found towards the bottom of our KPMG US Careers site at “Benefits & How We Work”.
Follow this link to obtain salary ranges by city outside of CA:
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
KPMG recruits on a rolling basis. Candidates are considered as they apply, until the opportunity is filled. Candidates are encouraged to apply expeditiously to any role(s) for which they are qualified that is also of interest to them.
KPMG does not currently require partners or employees to be fully vaccinated or test negative for COVID-19 in order to go to KPMG offices, client sites or KPMG events, except when mandated by federal, state or local law. In some circumstances, clients also may require proof of vaccination or testing (e.g., to go to the client site).