Associate Director, Travel Services - Operations
Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today's most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It's also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it's no wonder we're consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you're as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking an Associate Director, Travel Services - Operations to join our Strategic Sourcing and Procurement organization.
- Support the firm's US Travel Operations; this includes lodging, Travel Management Company, airlines, Time and Expense Technology, and other related sub-categories, as needed
- Facilitate supplier relationship management through development and tracking of Key Performance Indicators; establish collaborative environment with key suppliers and business partners to optimize supplier performance and innovation; conduct regular meetings and performance reviews; optimize the program and resolve any issues escalated
- Ensure operational effectiveness in the US travel program; partner with the Travel Management Company and apply judgement to ensure policies/procedures are adhered to, and customer service inquiries are responded to with the achievement of business objectives and user experience
- Manage the hotel program including transient hotels, the lodging desk for corporate serviced housing and project hotels; lead the RFP process, optimize preferred suppliers, review marketplace and benchmark rates
- Monitor, suggest and implement initiatives and services to maintain or improve the cost, quality, and efficiency of current services; develop and evaluate feasibility of new services or enhancements to existing services
- Administer the Concur online travel booking tool and identify best practices and tool configuration
- Minimum seven years of recent corporate travel industry experience
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts degree from an accredited college or university required; MBA and other relevant degree /certification highly desirable from an accredited college or university
- Specialized experience in travel operation initiatives including opportunity diagnostic, travel policy, supplier management, communications, customer service and program management with a proven track record of delivering business impact
- Demonstrated analytical, problem solving, organization and excellent communication and presentation skills; ability to influence others and effectuate change management and best practices; capability to liaise with all levels of the organization
- Strong interpersonal, collaborative, and influencing skills to effectively navigate a complex management and organization structure with a high degree of ambiguity
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
KPMG recruits on a rolling basis. Candidates are considered as they apply, until the opportunity is filled. Candidates are encouraged to apply expeditiously to any role(s) for which they are qualified that is also of interest to them.
KPMG does not currently require partners or employees to be fully vaccinated or test negative for COVID-19 in order to go to KPMG offices, client sites or KPMG events, except when mandated by federal, state or local law. In some circumstances, clients also may require proof of vaccination or testing (e.g., to go to the client site).