Associate Director, Data Management - Remote
Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today's most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It's also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it's no wonder we're consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you're as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking an Associate Director, Data Management to join our Digital Nexus Technology organization. This is a remote work opportunity.
- Develop and communicate a comprehensive strategy for data management and automation aligned with organizational goals; stay informed about industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices to continually enhance the data ecosystem roadmap
- Lead and mentor a team of data management and automation professionals, fostering a culture of innovation, collaboration, and excellence; provide strategic direction and guidance to the team to ensure successful execution of projects; work closely with IT teams to align data infrastructure initiatives with overall technology architecture and standards
- Establish and enforce data management policies, standards, and procedures to ensure data accuracy, integrity, and security; collaborate with data governance teams to implement best practices and compliance with regulatory requirements; ensure standards and best practices for automated deployments, revision control tools, and notifications
- Drive efforts to integrate data and automation solutions with existing systems, ensuring interoperability and seamless functionality; implement monitoring mechanisms to assess the performance and effectiveness of data pipelines; optimize automated processes continuously to enhance efficiency, reduce errors, and adapt to evolving business needs
- Collaborate with business leaders and stakeholders to understand their needs, challenges, and opportunities for data infrastructure; establish strong relationships with internal teams to ensure the successful adoption and utilization of data collection endpoint tools
- Ensure comprehensive documentation of automation processes, data management workflows, and associated policies; generate regular reports on the impact of data management initiatives, key performance indicators, and areas for improvement
- Minimum eight years of recent experience in a leadership role focused on data management, data pipeline, process improvement, and automation
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in computer science, information technology, business, or a related field is preferred; relevant certifications in automation or data management are a plus
- Experience using the following technologies is preferred: Azure infrastructure, Log Analytics, Sentinel, Event Hub; Datadog (or similar) integrations using agent deployments, API, syslog collection; Cribl (or similar) to collect, reduce, enrich, normalize, and route data
- Strong understanding of data pipeline and automation tools, data governance, and enterprise-level systems
- Excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to align automation initiatives with business objectives and drive organizational change
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
KPMG recruits on a rolling basis. Candidates are considered as they apply, until the opportunity is filled. Candidates are encouraged to apply expeditiously to any role(s) for which they are qualified that is also of interest to them.
KPMG does not currently require partners or employees to be fully vaccinated or test negative for COVID-19 in order to go to KPMG offices, client sites or KPMG events, except when mandated by federal, state or local law. In some circumstances, clients also may require proof of vaccination or testing (e.g., to go to the client site).