Manager, Software Engineer
Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today's most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It's also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it's no wonder we're consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you're as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking a Manager, Software Engineer to join our Digital Nexus organization. This is a remote work opportunity.
- Lead architecture and code reviews; architect, design, code, test and deliver application features with highest quality; promote Continuous Improvement by identifying process inefficiencies and quality improvements
- Assist in development of roadmaps and participate in the standards process for solutions; drive to deliver technology and products in the roadmap on schedule and with the highest quality
- Maintain deep technical and business knowledge of industry directions and trends
- Provide advice, guidance and direction to carry out plans and procedures, ensuring schedule attainment, product development process adherence, performance and budget targets are met; lead offshore teams and mentor junior team members
- Provide last tier support for operations and support teams, including root cause analysis and preventative analysis
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university is preferred
- Thorough understanding of design patterns, functional and object-oriented programming, containers (Docker), Dependency Injection frameworks, asynchronous and event-driven design; be well versed in testing methodologies with experience writing unit and functional tests; proven analytical and problem-solving skills with a passion for learning and applying new technologies
- Detail-oriented and thorough, with effective time management skills and excellent technical writing and editing skills; skilled in organizing technical information based on reviewing meeting notes, business specifications, interviewing clients, architects, and business analysts
- Able to identify root cause of application/system issues and determine short- and long-term resolutions; experience designing and leading the applications migration from on-prem to cloud
- Must have the capacity to work effectively with clients, IT management and other team members; possess strong verbal/written communication, problem solving, production support, analytical and independent judgment skills to support an environment driven by customer service and teamwork; capability to positively influence, mentor and be a credible source of knowledge to less experienced team members
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
KPMG recruits on a rolling basis. Candidates are considered as they apply, until the opportunity is filled. Candidates are encouraged to apply expeditiously to any role(s) for which they are qualified that is also of interest to them.
KPMG does not currently require partners or employees to be fully vaccinated or test negative for COVID-19 in order to go to KPMG offices, client sites or KPMG events, except when mandated by federal, state or local law. In some circumstances, clients also may require proof of vaccination or testing (e.g., to go to the client site).