Cloud Director - Azure
The KPMG Advisory practice is currently our fastest growing practice. We are seeing tremendous client demand, and looking forward we don't anticipate that slowing down. In this ever-changing market environment, our professionals must be adaptable and thrive in a collaborative, team-driven culture. At KPMG, our people are our number one priority. With a wealth of learning and career development opportunities, a world-class training facility and leading market tools, we make sure our people continue to grow both professionally and personally. If you're looking for a firm with a strong team connection where you can be your whole self, have an impact, advance your skills, deepen your experiences, and have the flexibility and access to constantly find new areas of inspiration and expand your capabilities, then consider a career in Advisory.
KPMG is currently seeking a Director in Technology Enablement for our Consulting practice.
- Lead and collaborate with multiple KPMG teams to create strategic roadmap and architecture for enterprise scale cloud transformation
- Develop large and strategic cloud and hybrid solutions which will often involve solving for complex requirements in time-sensitive situations
- Manage the sale and delivery of large and complex client cloud strategy and transformation engagements
- Provide current and forward-looking consultation on cloud technologies and work across KPMG service lines to identify teaming opportunities
- Oversee workshops and conduct customer interactive sessions on cloud operating models, cloud business value, DevOps processes and application/infrastructure modernization
- Handle performance management for staff; work closely with strategic partners to maximize our relationships which could entail partner training and other activities
- Minimum eight years of experience working with large, enterprise systems running complex and sophisticated workloads in a secure and compliant manner as well as experience with Azure cloud architecture and public could infrastructures with a professional services consulting firm
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited college/university in Computer Science or related discipline
- Experienced leader across cloud, data, infrastructure and APIs; background as an architect delivering and supporting highly available and performant systems; experience utilizing large-scale globally distributed systems
- Prior knowledge with designing and running microservices-based workloads, including the use of serverless infrastructure and understanding or experience with a plurality of the following: cloud-native systems, distributed and parallel systems and security
- Strong experience with Azure and the cloud stack (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS); possess an understanding of policies and controls governance, using Azure native tools for large scale organizations
- Familiarity of cloud vendor native cost management platforms, including rightsizing and reserved instance evaluations
KPMG complies with all local/state regulations regarding displaying salary ranges. If required, the ranges displayed below or via the URL below are specifically for those potential hires who will work in the location(s) listed. Any offered salary is determined based on relevant factors such as applicant's skills, job responsibilities, prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications and market considerations. In addition, the firm is proud to offer a comprehensive, competitive benefits package, with options designed to help you make the best decisions for yourself, your family, and your lifestyle. Available benefits are based on eligibility. Our Total Rewards package includes a variety of medical and dental plans, vision coverage, disability and life insurance, 401(k) plans, and a robust suite of personal well-being benefits to support your mental health. Depending on job classification, standard work hours, and years of service, KPMG provides Personal Time Off per fiscal year. Additionally, each year the firm publishes a calendar of holidays to be observed during the year and provides two firmwide breaks each year where employees will not be required to use Personal Time Off; one is at year end and the other is around the July 4th holiday. Additional details about our benefits can be found towards the bottom of our KPMG US Careers site at “Benefits & How We Work”.
Follow this link to obtain salary ranges by city outside of CA:
California Salary Range: $144100 - $291700
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
KPMG recruits on a rolling basis. Candidates are considered as they apply, until the opportunity is filled. Candidates are encouraged to apply expeditiously to any role(s) for which they are qualified that is also of interest to them.
KPMG does not currently require partners or employees to be fully vaccinated or test negative for COVID-19 in order to go to KPMG offices, client sites or KPMG events, except when mandated by federal, state or local law. In some circumstances, clients also may require proof of vaccination or testing (e.g., to go to the client site).