Engineer, Network Ops Center - Weekday nights
Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today's most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It's also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it's no wonder we're consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you're as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking an Engineer, Network Ops Center, Weekday nights to join our Digital Nexus organization.
- Monitor, evaluate alerts, create/resolve/escalate incidents within SLAs, and interact with respective teams and observe incidents closely until their resolutions in a 24x7 business-critical environment
- Escalate problems to the appropriate engineering disciplines within the organization or external vendors as required to achieve resolution; troubleshoot at OS level of Windows, Linux servers, and networking nodes
- Use standard runbooks to mitigate or resolve incoming incident and support requests and escalate to appropriate teams as necessary
- Participate and track incidents from inception to resolution, including root cause analysis
- Support continuous improvement to monitor services and internal processes for resolution of production incidents and support requests
- Apply tools and techniques to proactively search for and document potential issues in production environments, and work with other team resources to ensure the highest possible quality of service
- Minimum two years of recent experience in supporting end user systems, Desktops, Servers, and Network troubleshooting
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university is preferred; relevant IT Certifications are preferred
- Exposure to the following preferred: Help desk platforms such as Service-Now, Remedy; monitoring platforms and analysis applications such as Nagios, SCOM, SolarWinds, Splunk, AppDynamics; Databases such as SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, and Hadoop
- Strong verbal/written communication, problem solving, organizational and independent judgment skills to support an environment driven by customer service and teamwork; ability to build productive relationships with peers
- Ability to provide weekday night shift work, Monday through Wednesday from 7 PM ET to 7 AM ET with alternate Thursday night with the flexibility to provide support to other shifts when the need arises
- US Citizenship is required
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
KPMG recruits on a rolling basis. Candidates are considered as they apply, until the opportunity is filled. Candidates are encouraged to apply expeditiously to any role(s) for which they are qualified that is also of interest to them.
KPMG does not currently require partners or employees to be fully vaccinated or test negative for COVID-19 in order to go to KPMG offices, client sites or KPMG events, except when mandated by federal, state or local law. In some circumstances, clients also may require proof of vaccination or testing (e.g., to go to the client site).