Manager, Price Optimization Strategy
Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today's most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It's also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it's no wonder we're consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you're as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking a Manager, Price Optimization Strategy to join our Growth and Strategy organization.
- Support the pricing value-based and offer configuration programs, critical to managing our overall firmwide efforts to transition away from time & material pricing and deliver value-oriented market strategies which includes content creation and management, overseeing the value benefit analytics process, managing the overall conversion effort, x-functional stakeholder alignment, x-functional team leadership
- Assist in the engagement-level deal modeling and financial schedules for performance based pricing, subscription SaaS pricing models and other alternative pricing methods; follow the direction of the Pricing & Commercial Enablement organization, responsible for leading function and service unit leadership through the strategic plans and processes; prepare content for Function leaders, Management Committee consumption and other executive leadership communications
- Contribute to product vision & roadmap; help with the evaluation of pricing/CPQ vendor solutions and overall architecture
- Engage in stakeholder workshops to understand current state and explore future state, capture functional requirements, design and present concepts, design processes, workflows and UX, conduct usability testing, develop technical specifications, support development/configuration teams, develop test plans and scripts, support deployment approach
- Lead the definition of pricing optimization and solution attributes, in conjunction with Functional stakeholders and SMEs; manage price optimization modeling and maintenance
- Minimum five years of recent experience in professional services in a strategic pricing role or related field as well as experience in a business analyst role, preferably one that affects sales behaviors such as pricing, business development, marketing, or sales enablement
- Bachelor of Art or Science degree from an accredited college/university is required; preferably CPP, MBA or MA
- Experience with designing and implementing systems that affect sales behavior, such as CRM, SFA, CPQ, Quote-to-Cash; experience with the Salesforce platform, design approach, configuration and integration; revenue Cloud/CPQ is a major plus
- Experience implementing pricing technologies, either internally built or leveraging a third party provider; experience in developing solution/product visions and specifications, facilitating stakeholder workshops; keen attention to detail and willingness to respectfully challenge group think in pursuit of strategic objectives; ability to engage and interact with, technical, non-technical, offshore and third party vendor staff; strong problem-solving, communication and inter-personal skills
- Hands on experience in defining solution attribution-based price optimization models and executing the process to elicit requirements, develop functional solutions, design system workflows/UX in Salesforce or related third party solutions, support development resources, prepare test plans, and support deployment and change management plans
- General knowledge of data technologies, including Business Intelligence, Machine Learning, Predictive Analytics, Artificial Intelligence, and how they can be leveraged in an application and UX design; excellent skills in Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Teams; experience with SAP or other ERP billing systems a plus
California Salary Range: $109100 - $229700
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
KPMG recruits on a rolling basis. Candidates are considered as they apply, until the opportunity is filled. Candidates are encouraged to apply expeditiously to any role(s) for which they are qualified that is also of interest to them.
KPMG does not currently require partners or employees to be fully vaccinated or test negative for COVID-19 in order to go to KPMG offices, client sites or KPMG events, except when mandated by federal, state or local law. In some circumstances, clients also may require proof of vaccination or testing (e.g., to go to the client site).