Associate Director, Development
Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today's most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It's also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it's no wonder we're consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you're as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking an Associate Director, Development to join our Digital Nexus Technology organization.
- Direct the activities of onshore/offshore development managers, technical project leaders and developers; performance management responsibility for direct reports, including developing/mentoring employees to build high performing teams
- Specifically responsible for all phases of the system development and implementation process including analysis, design, development, testing, and ongoing support for the client area's application systems in an environment of diverse development platforms
- Function as a primary client contact responsible for fulfilling project requirements; coordinate activities with IT management; accountable for project planning, scheduling, status reporting and project budgets; establish and analyze staffing requirements within guidelines; implement projects consistent with long-range IT plans and installation standards
- Develop and execute an application roadmap for existing applications including technology upgrades, maintenance, and issue resolution
- Consult with functional management in the analysis of short- and long-range business requirements and recommend innovations which anticipate the future impact of changing business requirements, hardware and software on the client area(s) applications and systems
- Maintain relationships with vendors and professional organizations; perform related duties as assigned or requested
- Minimum eight years of recent experience and in-depth knowledge of the system development life cycle, the client's area's functions and systems, and application program development alternatives
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university is preferred
- Experience managing and directing systems development or systems maintenance project teams; prior experience managing a team
- Excellent verbal/written communication, collaboration, analytical and presentation skills to lead an environment driven by customer service and teamwork
- Able to set goals and participate in strategic initiatives for a team; and foster the development of high-performance teams and interface with all levels of the organization
- Ability to participate in development of resource plans and structures and influence organizational priorities
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
KPMG recruits on a rolling basis. Candidates are considered as they apply, until the opportunity is filled. Candidates are encouraged to apply expeditiously to any role(s) for which they are qualified that is also of interest to them.
KPMG does not currently require partners or employees to be fully vaccinated or test negative for COVID-19 in order to go to KPMG offices, client sites or KPMG events, except when mandated by federal, state or local law. In some circumstances, clients also may require proof of vaccination or testing (e.g., to go to the client site).