Associate Director, Tax Accounting
Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today's most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It's also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it's no wonder we're consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you're as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking an Associate Director, Tax Accounting to join our Finance and Accounting organization.
- Identify and lead process improvement and automation initiatives to support the internal tax function; this involves working closely with our internal tax technology and compliance teams including by developing and maintaining flowcharts for tax processes and updating procedures and policy documentation
- Lead multi-functional team projects which require collaboration with many levels of management to implement innovative workflow solutions
- Liaise with the KPMG's technology team to assist with gathering requirements, successfully implement and test updates and enhancements to our suite of partner applications
- Collaborate with automation and transformation leads in other departments and subject matter experts as required
- Focus exclusively on tax and partner financial transaction reporting for KPMG; the role does not involve providing services to external clients
- Minimum eight years of recent experience in public accounting or similar position in a corporate tax department; experience with US tax compliance engagements for large partnerships required
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field from an accredited college/university
- Proficient in MS Office Suite applications, including Access, Excel, Word, Outlook, Share Point, and Power Point, including hands-on experience with advanced Excel features such as VLOOKUP, pivot tables, and macros; proficiency with SQL preferred; familiarity with Alteryx, Power BI, Thomson Reuters GoSystem, BNA Superforms, and tax research applications is a plus
- Strong project management skills and experience required, preferably with automation focus; ability to develop and foster relationships within a large organization and successfully manage projects where deadlines and deliverables are subject to change; proven track record of implementing solutions to streamline and improve complex processes; capability to learn new software and apply this knowledge to implement new workflows and train others
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to work with many levels of management and cross-departmentally
- Willingness and flexibility to work overtime during tax compliance peak activity periods
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
KPMG recruits on a rolling basis. Candidates are considered as they apply, until the opportunity is filled. Candidates are encouraged to apply expeditiously to any role(s) for which they are qualified that is also of interest to them.
KPMG does not currently require partners or employees to be fully vaccinated or test negative for COVID-19 in order to go to KPMG offices, client sites or KPMG events, except when mandated by federal, state or local law. In some circumstances, clients also may require proof of vaccination or testing (e.g., to go to the client site).