Service Professional - Overland Park, KS
If you have a service mindset, are passionate about helping others and seeking an opportunity where you can grow professionally, LPL Financial and the Service Experience Professional role can lead to a rewarding career. Maybe LPL Financial is the place for you!
LPL Financial (Nasdaq: LPLA) was founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor, and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the markets we serve, supporting more than 20,000 financial advisors, 1,100+ institution-based investment programs and 450 independent RIA firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access to personalized guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL, independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to choose the business model, services, and technology resources that allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom to manage their client relationships, because they know their clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
In this inbound contact center role you will support advisors, or investors, on a variety of topics that range in complexity. Inquiries will range from simple balance inquiries to more challenging cross-functional financial transactions. Your duty remains the same regardless of complexity: provide a courteous, timely and completely accurate solution. Execution of these behaviors will bring to life our mission: We take care of our advisors so they can take care of their clients.
- Navigate a structured onboarding experience, including instructor-led training supported by on-the-job training
- Focus on continuous training during your first 18 months enabling you to expand your support across additional call types
- Collaborate with internal service partners to achieve a resolution for the caller
- On average, you’ll assist with 25-30 call interactions per day
- Work as part of a team with similar skills and focus
- Participate in frequent touchpoints with your Manager to ensure your success
- As part of your career development, opportunities to acquire financial industry licensing may be available
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team-oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
- 1-3 years of customer service experience
- High School diploma or equivalent
- General computer savviness with the ability to quickly navigate multiple applications
- Ability to ask probing questions and actively listen to gain agreement with the caller
- Interpersonal skills to establish a welcoming interaction that fosters rapport
- Willingness to take ownership to provide accurate resolutions with each interaction
- Learning mindset to respond and implement coaching and training
- Call Center experience
- Financial Services industry experience
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree
Benefits You’ll Gain:
- Competitive pay and comprehensive rewards package, including time off for your Birthday.
- Volunteer Time Off. A LPL Financial we care about making an impact in our communities. We will consistently provide you opportunities to join us by leveraging your Volunteer Time Off
- Be Great From Anywhere. This is our mantra that supports you in doing your best work at your chosen location (In-office or At-home). We’re committed to having in-person engagement events as well as virtual opportunities.
- Cost-free mental wellness support powered by Lyra Health.
- Training is 6-8 weeks. You will be required to be onsite for the first 3 days for New Hire Orientation and must be able to work onsite 1-2 days/month after orientation.
Actual base salary varies based on factors, including but not limited to, relevant skill, prior experience, education, base salary of internal peers, demonstrated performance, and geographic location. Additionally, LPL Total Rewards package is highly competitive, designed to support your success at work, at home, and at play – such as 401K matching, health benefits, employee stock options, paid time off, volunteer time off, and more. Your recruiter will be happy to discuss all that LPL has to offer!
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees. We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.