Senior Administrative Assistant
New York Life Insurance
Location Designation: Hybrid
When you join New York Life Investments, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company, you are joining a global investment company with a long history and passion for career development, innovation, collaboration, and diversity, equity and inclusion. We want employees to feel proud about being part of a company that is committed to doing the right thing. Through various resources and programs, you can grow your career while developing personally and professionally. New York Life is a relationship-based company and appreciates how both virtual and in-person interactions support our culture.
As a top 25 global asset management firm with more than $600 billion in assets under management, we have an important mission: to help build a better financial future for our clients, our employees, and our communities. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life Investments, so we can continue to help people achieve their financial aspirations.
The Sales Support Specialist will support the Sales and Distribution Leadership Team. This individual will execute a variety of integral administrative needs. This individual must effectively work with senior executives, team members within the department, with employees throughout New York Life, as well as with external business partners. The position may be hybrid based in our midtown Manhattan Home Office.
- Provide administrative and scheduling support to the Sales and Distribution Leadership Team .
- Maintaining overall support of 2 Divisional Sales Managers, including complex business calendar and correspondence in a timely and professional manner . Coordinate meetings/events, conferences, conference calls and travel arrangements with high attention to detail and follow-up.
- Handle expense reports, tracking and reporting for the executives and department. Coordinate all document tracking and retention while ensuring their accessibility. Liaise within the department, across the organization and with external partners/vendors/associations.
- Assist with day-to-day operations.
- Maintain team distribution list and organizational charts.
- This individual will be empowered to act on behalf of the executive(s) and will truly be a partner on all day- to-day operations.
- Handle ad-hoc projects and assignments as the business dictate, such as data processing/analysis and PowerPoint creation.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2+ years of experience in an administrative, operational, or support function
- Experience in financial services preferred
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Excellent organization and time management skills. Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong ability to grasp concepts and processes
- Proactive, client-centric and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. A positive attitude and professional demeanor strongly desired.
- A willingness to work overtime, as necessary
- Strong Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook skills Experience with Concur, Tableau and Salesforce.com preferred
- High attention to detail, as well as, the utmost discretion to handle confidential information
Salary range: $55,000-$85,000
Overtime eligible: Nonexempt
Discretionary bonus eligible: Yes
Sales bonus eligible: No
Click here to learn more about our benefits. Starting salary is dependent upon several factors including previous work experience, specific industry experience, and/or skills required.
Recognized as one of Fortune’s World’s Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and volunteerism, supported by the Foundation. We're proud that due to our mutuality, we operate in the best interests of our policy owners. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses “Be Good At Life.” To learn more, please visit LinkedIn, our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com.
Job Requisition ID: 89877