New York Life Insurance
Location Designation: Hybrid - 3 days per week
When you join New York Life, you’re joining a company that values career development, collaboration, innovation, and inclusiveness. We want employees to feel proud about being part of a company that is committed to doing the right thing. You’ll have the opportunity to grow your career while developing personally and professionally through various resources and programs. New York Life is a relationship-based company and appreciates how both virtual and in-person interactions support our culture.
Provide administrative support to NYL’s Group Benefit Solutions (GBS) Sales and Client Management teams with the goal of driving operational efficiencies at the market level.
Responsibilities to include:
- Oversee RFP Presale Process including the scrubbing and submission RFP to Underwriting for rating.
- Support the gathering and dissemination of necessary case level information during the Presale process from internal and external partners.
- Generate, edit and refine proposals for delivery to the market.
- Perform general administrative duties:
- answer phone, create documents/spreadsheets, copy
- gather and distribute mail
- plan/schedule events such as continuing education for brokers
- Order/maintain all supplies including benefit enrollment forms, health fairs, office materials, business cards and promotional give aways.
- Manage all printing and shipping (both internal or external).
- Complete materials for finalist presentations.
- Interact with Underwriting to refine rate quotes and proposals.
- Coordinate distribution of proposal questions to appropriate company experts and assist in RFP/RFI responses.
- Edit and proof questionnaire responses for finished proposal and plan designs.
- Train, mentor and serve as back up for other Market Administrators.
- Bachelors degree or higher is preferred
- Experience working in insurance in a pre-sale role preferred
- Health and life license desired, but not required
- Candidate must be able to multi task effectively and manage conflicting priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills needed to work with different personalities and styles
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail are required
- Confident communicator with methods that may include: teleconferencing coupled with real-time updating of electronic meeting presentations (WebEx), email interactions, phone or face-to-face
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Customer Service Focus
- Priority Setting
- Sales Force system knowledge preferred
- Effective Communication
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel)
- GBS Systems/Processes preferred
#LI - EM1
#LI - HYBRID
Salary range: $50,000-$70,000
Overtime eligible: Nonexempt
Discretionary bonus eligible: Yes
Sales bonus eligible: No
Click here to learn more about our benefits. Starting salary is dependent upon several factors including previous work experience, specific industry experience, and/or skills required.
Recognized as one of Fortune’s World’s Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and volunteerism, supported by the Foundation. We're proud that due to our mutuality, we operate in the best interests of our policy owners. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses “Be Good At Life.” To learn more, please visit LinkedIn, our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com.
Job Requisition ID: 89926