In Market Senior Internal Advisor Consultant (Arizona OR Utah)
New York Life Insurance
Location Designation: Hybrid - 1 day per month
When you join New York Life Investments, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company, you are joining a global investment company with a long history and passion for career development, innovation, collaboration, and diversity, equity and inclusion. We want employees to feel proud about being part of a company that is committed to doing the right thing. Through various resources and programs, you can grow your career while developing personally and professionally. New York Life is a relationship-based company and appreciates how both virtual and in-person interactions support our culture.
As a top 25 global asset management firm with more than $600 billion in assets under management, we have an important mission: to help build a better financial future for our clients, our employees, and our communities. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life Investments, so we can continue to help people achieve their financial aspirations.
As an integral part of the team and the sales distribution efforts of New York Life Investments, together with the External Advisor Consultant(s), the Internal Advisor Consultant is responsible for creating business plans and a sales strategy for developing and maintaining existing relationships, as well as identifying and acquiring new business within their territory, to meet sales goals. The Internal Advisor Consultant must understand and passion for sales strategy/process and investments. Additionally, they should have excellent verbal and written communications skills; will require excellent organizational and follow-up skills, and the ability to prioritize, as well as execute on multiple tasks. Most critically, the Internal Advisor Consultant must demonstrate poise, professional presence, excellent presentation abilities, and have a high degree of enthusiasm for building relationships and a competitive drive to succeed. They must be resilient and willing to go above and beyond.
Job Function and Key Responsibilities:
- Must have significant experience covering and/or residing, with ability to reside and cover, the specified geographical location
- Responsible for maintaining a highly functioning home office environment with limited technology disruption i.e. high-speed internet service
- Manage territory with external partner to meet or exceed goals
- Conduct consultative, relationship-building sales calls via the telephone with financial advisors and other licensed professionals
- Develop and execute sales plan strategies with members of both external & internal sales teams
- Articulate Mutual fund & ETF objectives while also processing strong capital markets (domestic and international) knowledge
- Identify sales opportunities and advisor needs, cross-sell ideas and introduce new concepts
- Develop asset allocation strategies based on client objectives and risk tolerances
- Handle daily territory management tasks to ensure maximum business efficiency, i.e. update and maintain CRM system
- Generate hypothetical/proposals, for advisors for MainStay Mutual Funds, ETF’s and SMA accounts
- Assist with the planning and overall coordination of conferences/seminars/plan participant meetings
- FINRA Series 7 and 63 required.
- Bachelor’s degree required – Finance/Business major
- Proof of residential history in specific territory and ability to continue residing in specified geographical location required
- Internal Wholesaling experience in this specific territory required
- Understanding of the financial/capital markets; mutual funds, ETF’s and SMA’s
- Build and expand relationships with predetermined opportunistic list of prospects and clients.
- Fluid relationship and communication skills
- Excellent presentation and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to consistently have high volume of proactive outbound sales activity
- Ability to travel quarterly within territory and or partner conferences
- May have to travel up to 2x a year to home office
- Ability to participate in meetings and training during home office scheduled times (Eastern Standard Time), required
Overtime eligible: Exempt
Discretionary bonus eligible: No
Sales bonus eligible: Yes
Click here to learn more about our benefits. Starting salary is dependent upon several factors including previous work experience, specific industry experience, and/or skills required.
Please note: This role requires FINRA licensed and/or FINRA Associated Person pre-hire fingerprinting.
Job Requisition ID: 89932
Recognized as one of Fortune’s World’s Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and volunteerism, supported by the Foundation. We're proud that due to our mutuality, we operate in the best interests of our policy owners. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses “Be Good At Life.” To learn more, please visit LinkedIn, our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com.