Vice President, Corporate Communications - Strategy, Editorial, Measurement, and Corporate Support
New York Life Insurance
Location Designation: Hybrid - 3 days per week
When you join New York Life, you’re joining a company that values career development, collaboration, innovation, and inclusiveness. We want employees to feel proud about being part of a company that is committed to doing the right thing. You’ll have the opportunity to grow your career while developing personally and professionally through various resources and programs. New York Life is a relationship-based company and appreciates how both virtual and in-person interactions support our culture.
We are seeking a Vice President of Corporate Communications – Strategy, Editorial, Measurement and Corporate Support to join our team.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President and Chief Communications Officer (SVP and CCO), the Vice President of Corporate Communications – Strategy, Editorial, Measurement and Corporate Support will work closely with, and assist, the SVP and CCO to develop and advance the Corporate Communications functional strategy and measure the department’s effectiveness and level of internal customer satisfaction. This role will provide leadership for editorial and content across internal and external channels, including the company’s Web and intranet sites, corporate reports and publications, and earned social media. The role will also oversee internal and external communications support for the company’s corporate functional areas.
- Assist in the development – and lead the execution of – an integrated internal and external Corporate Communications functional strategy that delights internal customers, deliver communications excellence, and foster team effectiveness and cohesiveness.
- Advance the creation and implementation of measurement processes to optimize the department’s effectiveness and internal customer satisfaction.
- Provide leadership for editorial and content across internal and external channels, including the company’s Web and intranet sites, corporate reports and publications, and earned social media.
- Oversee internal and external communications support for the company’s corporate functional areas, including Human Resources, Finance, Corporate Strategy, Technology, and the Office of the General Counsel.
- Create and implement strategic communications initiatives that directly support corporate objectives and the leadership vision for the company.
- Support corporate culture change initiatives internally and externally.
- Advance the company’s position as a leading corporate citizen and employer of choice.
- Assist in the planning and management of the department’s budget process.
- Develop and support the Corporate Communications team to maintain best-in-class standards.
- Maintain crisis communications infrastructure and processes.
- 20+ years of experience managing internal and external communications.
- Exceptional track record of developing and implementing successful corporate communication strategies.
- Expert client relationship manager, with experience providing advice and counsel to senior stakeholders.
- Demonstrated track record of leadership, achievement, and excellence in a world-class organization.
- Collaborative team player with successful experience leading cross-functional teams and projects.
- Ability to navigate a complex organization and operate within ambiguity a must.
- Experience with change management and culture change initiatives.
- Proven track record managing people and developing effective teams.
- Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strategic thinker with excellent writing, listening, presentation and communications skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, English, Journalism or related field.
Salary range: $225,000 - $275,000
Overtime eligible: Exempt
Discretionary bonus eligible: Yes
Sales bonus eligible: No
Click here to learn more about our benefits. Starting salary is dependent upon several factors including previous work experience, specific industry experience, and/or skills required.
Recognized as one of Fortune’s World’s Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and volunteerism, supported by the Foundation. We're proud that due to our mutuality, we operate in the best interests of our policy owners. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses “Be Good At Life.” To learn more, please visit LinkedIn, our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com.
Job Requisition ID: 89962