Senior WFM Specialist
New York Life Insurance
Location Designation: Fully Remote
When you join New York Life, you’re joining a company that values career development, collaboration, innovation, and inclusiveness. We want employees to feel proud about being part of a company that is committed to doing the right thing. You’ll have the opportunity to grow your career while developing personally and professionally through various resources and programs. New York Life is a relationship-based company and appreciates how both virtual and in-person interactions support our culture.
This role will serve as a strategic partner for the Workforce Management team. Leads all aspects of Workforce Management responsibilities for phone and non-phone departments inclusive of forecasting, resource planning, scheduling, monitoring, and trend analysis/insights. Supports and contributes to continuous improvement initiatives within department and for external business partners. Will work closely with peers, business partners, and senior leadership teams on optimization of Workforce Management practices and tools.
- Oversee the creation and implementation of accurate inbound and off phone workload forecasts and capacity plans to ensure optimal resource allocation.
- Manages and delivers capacity analysis and recommendations to improve proactive planning process.
- Influences the achievement of budget by projecting workloads (volumes, activities, handle times), shrinkage, ASA, AHT, and Adherence through effective utilization of staff, projections, and theories.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement of resource utilization and provides input on performances.
- Manages Verint forecast and scheduling processes to ensure optimal staffing and accurate planning.
- Conducts schedule optimization and bids in accordance with established guidelines.
- Identifies and makes recommendations relative to call and staffing patterns.
- Contributes to technological advancements, testing, and implementations as necessary.
- Builds rapport and manages relationships and interactions with peers and all levels of the business.
- Schedules off manage WFM system configurations, vacation allotments, rules, assumptions, data, etc.
- Optimizes schedules to balance operational requirements, preferences, and costs.
- Builds and delivers accurate and value-added insights Monthly/Weekly/Daily to partners as required.
- Implements strategies to execute proactively real-time expectations, adjust staffing levels to meet ASA goals, ensuring urgent responses to varying business partner, customer, and leader needs.
- Proactively plans and alerts management to real time changes in levels of service and/or areas of risk.
- Optimizes skilling of Phone agents to ensure SLA’s are met.
- Ad hoc duties, projects, and initiatives as necessary.
- 3 years of Workforce Management experience required.
- 3 years of forecasting and scheduling required; resource optimization and/of capacity planning a plus.
- 3 years of call center customer service experience required; claims and back-office experience a plus.
- 3 or more years utilizing WFM application is required; Verint experience a plus.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to provide insights that tell the story of data and trends.
- Must be technically savvy with strong Microsoft Office skills with advanced proficiency in Excel.
- Financial modeling a plus.
- Strong interpersonal and written skills; able to talk to all levels of the business to obtain information critical to building accurate workload projections, building rapport, and influencing change.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Self-starter and strategic, creative thinker with the ability to solve complex issues.
- Must be able to work with a high sense of urgency in an ever-changing environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
It is recommended that all qualified candidates apply to this posting as soon as possible. Residents of Colorado are hereby notified that the deadline to apply is 1 week from the Posting Date listed above.
Salary range: $37,500-$57,500
Overtime eligible: Nonexempt
Discretionary bonus eligible: Yes
Sales bonus eligible: No
Click here to learn more about our benefits. Starting salary is dependent upon several factors including previous work experience, specific industry experience, and/or skills required.
Recognized as one of Fortune’s World’s Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and volunteerism, supported by the Foundation. We're proud that due to our mutuality, we operate in the best interests of our policy owners. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses “Be Good At Life.” To learn more, please visit LinkedIn, our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com.
Job Requisition ID: 90031