About the Opportunity
The Head Lifeguard helps to ensure that, through training and enforcement, that the Trefethen Aquatic Center is operating in a safe and compliant manner. Being a Head Lifeguard is essentially being a shift leader.
- Assists Aquatic Program Manager in carrying out supervisory responsibilities to effectively manage the aquatics programs and staff in accordance with policies and applicable rules and regulations.
- Assists with preparation, planning and implementation of special events, rentals, etc.
- Performs the lifeguard or swim instructor duties, as needed.
- Maintains constant surveillance of the pool area. Knows, understands, and consistently applies and enforces safety and pool rules, policies and guidelines.
- Knows all emergency procedures and responds to emergency situations immediately in accordance with Trefethen Aquatic Center policies and procedures.
- Communicates with and maintains effective relationships with the members, participants and other staff.
- Documents and notifies Management of incidents/accidents, member questions/concerns, damaged equipment, supply needs, etc.
- Ensures the outlined procedures for opening/closing the pool area are fully completed.
- Performs general housekeeping tasks to clean and maintain the pool area.
- Records and keeps accurate records of all pool chemical readings and takes appropriate actions, as needed.
- Maintains all ARC certifications required (Refer to Education and Training section for all required Certifications needed).
- Leads or participates in ongoing in-service trainings, staff meetings, or other trainings as directed by the Aquatics Program Manager.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance. Secures a substitute of if unable to cover scheduled shift and notifies Management of schedule substitutions prior to the change.
- Establishes and maintains an effective customer service orientation toward all personnel contacted during the course of job performance. This includes maintaining and protecting confidentiality of information.
- Establishes and maintains effective and productive working relationships while working in a diverse and multicultural environment.
- Performs related duties as assigned Evaluate and record American Red Cross lifeguard Skills of the staff.
- Act as a shift lead.
- Must have regular weekend availability .
- Develop and lead in service with management team.
- Help organize and teach American Red Cross certification classes.
- Perform special projects as assigned or as found necessary.
- Must be 18 years of age
- Current Lifeguard certification
- Current Lifeguard Instructor certification
- Current CPR for the Professional Rescuer certification
- Current First Aid certification
- Current AED certification
- Current Oxygen Administration certification (preferred or will you provide this)
Documents to Submit:
Resume and CertificationsThe expected hiring rate for this position is approximately USD $20.00 to 25.00/hr, based upon the position’s scope and responsibilities.
Northeastern University considers factors such as candidate work experience, education and skills when extending an offer.
Northeastern has a comprehensive benefits package for benefit eligible employees. This includes medical, vision, dental, paid time off, tuition assistance, wellness & life, retirement- as well as commuting & transportation. Visit www.northeastern.edu/benefits for more information.
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University’s commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity.