Temporary Group Water Fitness Instructor
About the Opportunity
Under direct supervision of the Aquatics Director, the Water Fitness Instructor provides water aerobics instruction, monitors, educates patrons on fitness and safety, and maintains a safe and enjoyable atmosphere for class participants.
- Teaches scheduled classes, beginning and ending on time; provides adequate warm-up, exercise, stretching, and cool down.
- Instructs patrons on effective workout methods; explains proper techniques, demonstrates exercises; identifies different muscle groups, and teaches appropriate methods to strengthen specific muscles.
- Prepares appropriate equipment, music, and handouts for each class.
- Assists patrons, answers questions, and maintains a positive exercise experience for members and class participants.
- Keeps management informed of pool activities, facility needs, and significant problems
- Ensures that safety standards are met, and that department and facility policies are adhered to.
- related duties as required.
- Certified Instructor (AEA, ACE, AFAA), water specialty/certification preferred.
- Working knowledge of human anatomy, Kinesiology and training principles.
- Knowledge of water aerobics teaching strategies and the incorporation of music, tempo, cueing technique, and rhythm.
- Choreography and music skills.
- Ability to be professional and motivate class participants.
- Ability to cooperate and work well with other staff members.
- Current Red Cross Lifeguard certification, CPR/First Aid, preferred
Documents to Submit:
Resume and CertificationsThe expected hiring rate for this position is approximately USD $16.00/hr
Northeastern University considers factors such as candidate work experience, education and skills when extending an offer.
Northeastern has a comprehensive benefits package for benefit eligible employees. This includes medical, vision, dental, paid time off, tuition assistance, wellness & life, retirement- as well as commuting & transportation. Visit www.northeastern.edu/benefits for more information.
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University’s commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity.