Senior HRIT Business Systems Analyst - HCM - London
About the Opportunity
The Senior HRIT Business Systems Analyst -HCM-London Campus willl partner with the Boston based team and contribute to the implementation of ServiceNow HR Case Management system and the conversion of our London campus HR & Payroll systems to Workday HR as well as provide support and continued enhancements of Workday HCM.
Upon completion of the ServiceNow and Workday HCM projects, will be responsible for working with the HR and Payroll functional teams and customers in the colleges and divisions to enhance and maintain Workday configuration that improves the way we work and meet both regulatory and business requirements.
Provide functional solutions to expand the capabilities of Workday and contribute to process improvements of the administration and support of the operations of each functional area. Responsible for leading functional solutions, providing project management oversight and executing on all phases of the project life cycle, including project planning and communication. In addition, the candidate will assist with planning and execution of the testing efforts including development of test cases, coordination between technical and business resources, and documentation of the testing results. Participate in change management activities including developing training materials and providing system support.
Utilize excellent negotiation, analysis, problem-solving, decision-making, and time management skills. Interact with customers in a sensitive and diplomatic manner, maintaining positive relationships and building consensus on project goals.
To ensure that essential services are provided to the university community, the employee will be required to work outside their regular working hours as needed.
Workday HCM experience required.
Knowledge and skills required for this position are normally obtained through a Bachelor’s degree in a business or technology discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Additional qualifications include:
• 5+ years of experience in business analysis and systems analysis
• 5+ years of experience in all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
Workday HCM configuration and testing experience required
• Strong business analytical and project management skills
• Sound judgment, excellent organization skills and ability to work on multiple assignments simultaneously, prioritize work and meet deadlines
• Proficient with MS Project, Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint
• Proven ability to manage competing priorities and multi-task in a high-volume environment
• Proven ability to work in an execution-driven environment and meet deadlines
• Excellent organization, communication, and time management skills, demonstrated ability to work across technical and business resources
• Experience using consulting skills and developing customer relationships
• Experience using analytical skills, tools and techniques to investigate information and draw conclusions
• Experience in identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems and working with test plans and test cases
• High level of attention to detail, accuracy and thoroughness
• Demonstrated effective interpersonal and customer service skills for effective communication with all employee levels
• Responds to requests with a service mindset
• Hands-on style with strong problem-solving skills and a keen attention to detail
• Strong teamwork and collaboration skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills; experience communicating with both technical and non-technical audiences
• Professional presence; positive energy
• Demonstrated ability to maintain confidential information
• Prior experience in higher education is a plus
1) Work with customers to analyze Workday HCM system requirements and identify problems, gather requirements, research options, and recommend solutions.
- Works with users to determine needs, identify changes and enhancements
- Identify and assess solution options
- Documents required system modifications
- Analyze data to inform the problem
- Create user stories
- Document as-is and to-be process flows
- Identify gaps in operational business processes, as well as document business process improvements and flow diagrams
- Prepare detailed business requirements
- Work closely with business teams to strategize solutions that support short-term and long-term business objectives
- Present and evaluate design solutions
- Communicate design to all stakeholders
2) Coordinate and implement solutions
- Act as the liaison between Business, Developers, Project Managers and 3rd party vendors
- Configure solutions in Workday HCM
- Document mapping requirements for interfaces with internal and 3rd party solutions
- Work closely with developers to ensure requirements and design are completely understood
- Develop and coordinate test plans, test scripts, facilitate and participate in User Acceptance Testing
- Ensure deliverables align with business requirements with measurable results and drive positive results
- Participates in the creation of training materials and the delivery of training
- Effectively resolves problems and roadblocks before they occur
- Facilitate project meetings
- Perform ad-hoc project management activities
3) Provide support on application solutions:
- Work with users to troubleshoot issues
- Coordinate with appropriate resources to resolve issues
- Update applicable documentation
- Communicate resolution to appropriate parties
The expected salary range for this position is 67,000 - 72,000 GBP
Position TypeHuman Resources
Northeastern University considers factors such as candidate work experience, education and skills when extending an offer.
Northeastern has a comprehensive benefits package for benefit eligible employees. This includes medical, vision, dental, paid time off, tuition assistance, wellness & life, retirement- as well as commuting & transportation. Visit https://hr.northeastern.edu/benefits/ for more information.
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University’s commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity.