Assistant Director of Client Relations
Description of Position
The Assistant Director of Client Relations is responsible for assisting the Client Relations Center (CRC) Director in the maintenance of the CRC and the development of the CRC Business Unit. The Northwestern Mutual San Diego Client Relations Department is a business unit that provides new client acquisition opportunities to financial advisors by contacting existing clients who do not have an active client/advisor relationship. We pride ourselves on providing fantastic service to these clients and maintaining efficient systems that allow us to do so as we strive to strengthen the Northwestern Mutual brand in our communities.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide customer service to insurance and investment clients via phone & email
- Assert “service to sales” mentality: ability to discern while servicing clients if there is an opportunity to connect client with a financial advisor for future planning opportunities
- Assist CRC Advisors and their teams with servicing and administrative requests
- Distribute 200 leads per month to CRC Advisors generated from various reports and marketing initiatives
- Process client record transfer requests
- Own the termination procedures of distributing clients when advisors retire or leave the firm
- Coordinate with Operations and Contracting, Licensing, & Registration teams on timing and final processing of termination
- Maintain and organize OneDrive files pertaining to the CRC
- Daily ownership of CRC sales tracking and reporting
- Lead training and team meetings for CRC Advisors
- Ongoing, quarterly projects as decided with the CRC Director
- Bachelor’s degree required, Business degree preferred
- 2 years of financial services experience required
- California State Life & Health Insurance License (Obtained within the first 6 months)
- SIE, Series 6 & Series 63 (Obtained within first 12 months)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, OneDrive)
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written & oral communication skills
- Effective time management
- Thoughtful decision making
The company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work expected of people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties & responsibilities. Duties, responsibilities and related activities may change at any time with or without notice. The order in which the duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this role.