As business owners, Financial Representatives at Northwestern Mutual [insert location] help their clients live more and worry less through our personalized approach to financial planning. They spend their days acquiring clientele and delivering financial solutions with help from our industry-leading training, mentors, and products. Discover your earning potential, craft a workday around your life, and make an impact every day. Here, hard work pays off.
Our award-winning training equips even inexperienced financial professionals with the education, skill-building, and development strategies needed to be successful and confident in this career. With additional access to nationwide mentors and leaders, we will surround you with resources to help you gain financial expertise, including but not limited to:
Planning Experience - Asset & Income Protection - Education Funding - Investment & Advisory Services - Trust Services - Retirement Solutions - Business Needs AnalysisAs a Financial Representative, you have the opportunity to:
1. Build—Work to build a client base by growing relationships with your network and develop knowledge of Northwestern Mutual financial products and market trends.
2. Educate—Educate yourself beyond training through sponsored licensing and registration as well as ongoing development. Use proprietary technology, reporting tools, and illustrations to educate clients on potential plans.
3. Influence— Present clients with the opportunity to protect and prosper, then drive clients to action through expert perspective, influence, and recommendations.
4. Own—Take ownership of development and management of the business as you master your craft and build a team. Review and maintain client financial plans, continuing to provide optimal advice for your clients’ needs.
Here at Northwestern Mutual, we believe there’s more than one way to build, grow, and transition your practice. As an entrepreneur with opportunities to become a specialist, lean into leadership, or join a team, you’ll find the growth that fits your vision and your business.Compensation & Benefits
· Performance-based earnings and revenue (average annual earnings of $70K-$250K; based on 2015-2022 company average for representatives in the first 3 years)
· Additional income structure to support training and early development
· Renewal income earned for continued client support and policy management
· Bonus programs and expense allowances
· Support for insurance licensing, SIE, Series 6, Series 63, CFP®, and more
· NM-Funded Retirement Package and Pension Plan
· Competitive and comprehensive medical, vision, and dental plans
· Life Insurance and Disability Income Insurance
· Parental benefits at every stage of family planningYou could be right for this opportunity if you have:
· 4-year degree; or equivalent professional work experience
· Entrepreneurial ambitions
· History of success in relationship-building or client-facing roles
· Excellent time-management skills
· Desire for continuous learning and collaboration
· Proficient critical thinking and communication competencies
· Legal authorization to work in the US without sponsorshipAbout Us
For over 165 years, we have helped our clients spend their lives living through comprehensive and innovative financial planning. We combine the expertise of our financial professionals with personalized digital experience and industry-leading products to give our clients the ability to successfully navigate their financial lives.
Our tailored approach includes multiple financial strategies—insurance, investments, and annuities—built to reinforce each other, keeping our clients consistently on track to meet goal after goal. We lead with unmatched financial strength and access to the best products and services for our clients.
Our Financial Representatives are valued partners and proud business owners. As such, they are considered independent contractors1 for income tax purposes, and a statutory employee for Federal Insurance Contributions Act (FICA) tax purposes.
As a company, we value an inclusive and belonging workplace where everyone’s unique viewpoints bring new successes. We strive to create teams that reflect our customers and communities, fostering an environment where all employees are welcomed, valued, and heard.Why join Northwestern Mutual:
· Fortune 500 company (2023)
· Forbes’ Best Employers for Diversity (2018-2021)
· Top 10 US Independent Broker-Dealers2
· #1 Amongst Life Insurers Most Admired Companies3 for Financial Soundness, Quality of Products/Services, and Use of Corporate Assets
· Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ Equality- Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index (2015-2021)
· $257 billion retail investment client assets held or managed by Northwestern Mutual 4
Northwestern Mutual is the marketing name for The Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance Company (NM) and its subsidiaries, including Northwestern Long Term Care Insurance Company (NLTC), Northwestern Mutual Investment Services, LLC (NMIS) (Investment Brokerage Services), a registered investment adviser, broker-dealer, and member of FINRA and SIPC, and Northwestern Mutual Wealth Management Company® (NMWMC) (Investment Advisory Services), a federal savings bank. NM and its subsidiaries are in Milwaukee, WI.
1 Northwestern Mutual Financial Representatives are Independent Contractors whose income is based on production. If offered to apply for approval of a contract to become a Northwestern Mutual Financial Representative, a national criminal background check is required. Should the background check results provide information which would not allow someone to work for Northwestern Mutual, approval for contract will be withdrawn.
2 Ranking for Northwestern Mutual Investment Services, LLC based on total 2022 AUM. Sources: Financial Advisor magazine, April 2023.
3 To determine the best-regarded companies in more than 50 industries, FORTUNE asked executives, directors, and analysts to rate enterprises in their own industry on nine criteria. Details at fortune.com
4 Combined client assets of NMIS and NMWMC as of June 30, 2023