Paralegal - Trusts & Estates (Philadelphia)
Offit Kurman, P.A.
Offit Kurman, one of the fastest growing full-service law firms, seeks a Paralegal with 5+ years of experience in Trusts and Estates to join its Philadelphia, PA office.
The position entails performing a wide range of complex estate administration functions requiring knowledge of estates and trusts, estate planning, investments, as well as a general understanding of probate and tax laws.
Job duties include:
- Prepare probate petitions, Inventories and Administration Accounts
- Create valuation reports for securities using valuation software
- Assist with sale and transfer of assets, including real estate
- Drafting correspondence to clients regarding estate and trust matters
- Prepare various probate filings and prepare attorney for court proceedings
- Schedule and manage court filings in timely manner
- Maintain and balance Estate & Trust checkbooks
- Prepare Receipts and Releases in connection with distributions from an estate or trust
- Prepare Federal gift and estate tax returns
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience as a Paralegal in Estate Planning and Administration
- Expert writer with exceptional organizational skills, time management, and ability to meet deadlines
- Strong research and fact checking skills
- Experience with accounting and tax software
- Knowledge of FAS and Lackner
- Experience interacting with clients, courts, and multiple companies
- Advanced MS office skills
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred
Offit Kurman is one of the fastest-growing, full-service law firms in the United States. We offer a collegial and professional work environment, as well as competitive salary and benefits, to include Paid Time Off and 401(k) matching. We are a proud EEO employer and we are committed to a diverse workforce.
Please note that the base salary range is a guideline, and individual total compensation will vary based on factors such as qualifications, skill level and competencies.
If interested, please use this link to apply directly: Paralegal – Trusts & Estates
**This role is NOT open to agency submissions at this time.