Credit Portfolio Manager I - New York City
Toronto Dominion Bank Group
- Job Opportunities
- Why Choose Us
- Campus Recruitment
- Our Businesses
Credit Portfolio Manager I – New York City
New York, NY
December 21, 2023
- Gathers financial and general business information pertaining to customer and prospect loan requests, performs financial analyses needed to make credit decisions; Contributes and provides input to group loan decision process based on evaluation of credit risk and other key factors; Supports commercial banking team and recommends credit solutions that add value to the Customer
- Manages specific credit activities to ensure performance quality, consistency of underwriting and timeliness meets or exceeds Customer expectations; May manage overall analytical support and workflow production needs for a department
- Works on larger, more complex deals, mainly focused on Middle Market
- May manage and/or lead as well as create, develop and introduce commercial and credit-related initiatives
- Acts as a consultant to business lines regarding credit issues, processes and procedures
- Functions as a resource for business lines and works with senior management on various issues; managing expectations and negotiating timelines
- Partners with Lending/Credit Officers to address exceptions identified by internal/external auditors and/or examiners
- Performs periodic inspections at Customer sites to audit accounts and ensure adherence to loan agreements and terms; Takes appropriate action as necessary to correct deficiencies
- Coordinates with Account and Relationship Managers to perform routine financial analyses and credit investigations
- May communicates credit decisions to Relationship Managers and Account Managers
- Manages and oversees workflow and adherence to policy for department
- Participates in organizational cost benefit analysis and implementation
- Manages activities by creating and maintaining quantifiable service level standards against business performance
- Ensures timeliness of information and efficiency in process and workflow
- Maintains confidentiality of credit and customer information at all times
- May lead a team of Credit Analysts within a region or market
- Must be eligible for employment under regulatory standards applicable to the position.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years related experience
- Strong understanding of commercial business development techniques and credit decisions.
- Demonstrates business development track record
- Strong market presence with wide network of outside referral sources for new business
- Demonstrates credit and financial analysis skills
- Refined negotiation skills
- Demonstrates communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrates PC skills
- Experience with nCino
At TD, we’re guided by our purpose to enrich the lives of our customers, communities and colleagues, and share a set of values that shape our culture and behaviors. In exchange for how our colleagues show up to help TD succeed, we are committed to delivering a colleague experience grounded in Impact, Growth and a Culture of Care. No matter where you work across TD, we empower you to make an impact at work and in your community, explore and grow your career, and be part of our caring and inclusive culture.
Making Your Well-being a Priority
A caring and supportive culture that promotes colleague well-being is core to who we are. At TD, we focus on total well-being with extensive programs to help colleagues assess, manage, and improve their well-being across four core pillars — physical, financial, social and mental/emotional. In addition, we champion a safe and inclusive work environment, so colleagues feel a sense of belonging and feel supported in their personal and professional growth. Through our focus on well-being, we know that we can help our colleagues thrive, contribute to our culture of care, and support better business outcomes, because when colleagues feel their best, they’re more likely to do their best.
Our Total Rewards Package
Our Total Rewards package reflects the investments we make in our colleagues to help them and their families achieve their financial, physical and mental well-being goals. Total Rewards at TD includes base salary and variable compensation/incentive awards (e.g., eligibility for cash and/or equity incentive awards, generally through participation in an incentive plan) and several other key plans such as health and well-being benefits, savings and retirement programs, paid time off (including Vacation PTO, Flex PTO, and Holiday PTO), banking benefits and discounts, career development, and reward and recognition.
How We Work
At TD, we believe in-person connections fuel collaboration and collective creativity. Our workplace experience empowers colleagues to do great work side-by-side at TD locations, while offering flexibility to work remotely where it makes sense for the work and team. Our teams work in one of three workplace models: hybrid, onsite and primarily remote. Wherever our colleagues are working, they’ll always have access to the TD community to experience our culture of care.
Who We Are
TD is one of the world’s leading global financial institutions and is the fifth largest bank in North America by branches/stores. Every day, we deliver legendary customer experiences to over 27 million households and businesses in Canada, the United States and around the world. More than 95,000 TD colleagues bring their skills, talent, and creativity to the Bank, those we serve, and the economies we support. We are guided by our vision to Be the Better Bank and our purpose to enrich the lives of our customers, communities and colleagues. TD is deeply committed to being a leader in customer experience, that is why we believe that all colleagues, no matter where they work, are customer facing. As we build our business and deliver on our strategy, we are innovating to enhance the customer experience and build capabilities to shape the future of banking. Whether you’ve got years of banking experience or are just starting your career in financial services, we can help you realize your potential. Through regular leadership and development conversations to mentorship and training programs, we’re here to support you towards your goals. As an organization, we keep growing – and so will you.
At TD, we’re committed to fostering an environment where all colleagues are encouraged to bring their authentic selves to work, experience equitable opportunities, and feel respected and supported. We’re dedicated to building an inclusive workforce that reflects the diversity of the customers and the communities in which we live and serve.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you are a candidate with a disability and need accommodations to complete the application process, email the TD Bank US Workplace Accommodations Program at USWAPTDO@td.com. Include your full name, best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process.
How We’re Helping Make an Impact in Communities
TD has a long-standing commitment to help drive progress towards a more inclusive and sustainable future. That’s why we launched the TD Ready Commitment in 2018, now a multi-year North American initiative. Under the TD Ready Commitment, we are targeting a total of $1 billion by 2030 in community giving across four key, interconnected drivers of change: Financial Security, Vibrant Planet, Connected Communities, and Better Health. It’s our goal to help support change, nurture progress, and contribute to making the world a better, more inclusive place for our customers, colleagues, and communities.
We look forward to hearing from you!